Stingray Corvette Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Same exact situation with my 2016 base car and locater tabs. Had no problem with my dealer helped along by Corvette Quality Control engineer it was replaced on warranty. A HUD windshield will run you $900 if you're paying for it yourself.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Use caution with this bit of advice. Although perhaps it can work to better someones experience in the future i have seen it have quite the opposite effect to your future needs. I have seen it go another way with some very large companies where they can be pretty vindictive if you make a mid level managers life difficult with Corporate. Most of not all automotive dealers have a way of "red flagging" your warranty information so any future needs or contacts have a asterisk attached to your vin and future needs are viewed perhaps through a different lens.

JMO
Yeah you are probably right. It is something I always WANT to do, but in the end if I sleep on that thought, I probably would not do it. Just wouldn't go back. Thanks for interjecting a little bit of sensibility. --Bob

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Always a good idea to have a dealership you trust. I'm lucky that I have 3 locally: one where I bought the car (the furthest away) one where I almost bought my C7 (that I subsequently bought a used VW for my daughter) and another within 2 miles of my house (where I get recall work and had the windshield replaced).

Glad to hear things worked out for you Beburton.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Need a bit of help with this... ugh. All of a sudden my 2015 Stingray has shown up with this crack. I recall seeing this on the forum, so i am doing a bit of research. What would you recommend i call first? Insurance? I am out of the 36 mos warranty. I do have an extended warranty i have to go and look at. Is glass covered longer under factory by any chance? Hard to tell the cause, can't rule out an impact. Ill tell you what it really was.. i took a drive to an out of area dealership to see the new C8, came out and noticed this.. is she trying to tell me something?!!

Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
15,034 Posts
Frank, my recollection about non-rock caused stress cracks on our C7s had to do with some studs or burrs at the top part of the frame. You might try a district level GM rep to see if your crack is similar to those it is aware off.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Jeff - thanks for the reply. Do you think this could be related to a rock hit?

·
Administrator
15,034 Posts
Hard to tell from the picture. If you carefully run your finger along the crack, do you find any depression or chip? If so, it probably is rock related.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Frank, in looking at your pic, it does appear that there was possibly a rock that hit (in the top of your photo) the windshield. The pic looks nothing like the stress crack that I had a few years ago.

15 vette with crack.jpg

21 - 28 of 28 Posts