Stingray Corvette Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Administrator
16,301 Posts
Welcome to our forum Mr Mac. Sorry to read your post re a cracked windshield.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I took my Corvette to my dealer. I was told that because my 2015 was out of the bumper to bumper warranty they could not replace it. Has a class action suit started on this problem yet? I also had some thoughts about the windshield problem. So when you open the door on a corvette like mine, the window opens to relieve pressure. When you open the back hatch then close it without windows or door open , it requires some force. Maybe the door windows should crack open when the hatch opens? Just a thought.

·
Administrator
16,301 Posts
I took my Corvette to my dealer. I was told that because my 2015 was out of the bumper to bumper warranty they could not replace it. Has a class action suit started on this problem yet? I also had some thoughts about the windshield problem. So when you open the door on a corvette like mine, the window opens to relieve pressure. When you open the back hatch then close it without windows or door open , it requires some force. Maybe the door windows should crack open when the hatch opens? Just a thought.
Sorry, but there is no class action or recall related to this. The relative number is small. Be sure when you have yours replaced, that the installer checks to make sure there are no burrs at that part of the frame to potentially cause an issue with the replacement.

Reactions: TNSQUIRE

·
Registered
1 Posts
I see several posts about a stress crack developing on the the C7 windshields. Well guess what mine just did it in the upper drivers corner. You can see its not a rock chip. My questions is there anything from GM about this? Something I can show my dealer to get this covered under warranty. Thanks
I have the same crack from the upper drivers side corner. I just went to the garage to measure the GM “non issue,” it’s only 25 inches long! “Cracks, we don’t see no stinking cracks!” I ran my finger nail on the crack, the crack is on the inside layer of glass, The dealership said, “Nope, GM has no remedy “. I will try State Farm Insurance. They say my $500 deductible they will try to collect from GM and return it to me after I replace the windshield.

·
Administrator
16,301 Posts
Welcome to our forum Reallyazo6 and sorry to read about your windshield crack. What year and version C7 do you have? Remember that if you have HUD you need to be sure the replacement is OEM HUD windshield.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
I have the same crack from the upper drivers side corner. I just went to the garage to measure the GM “non issue,” it’s only 25 inches long! “Cracks, we don’t see no stinking cracks!” I ran my finger nail on the crack, the crack is on the inside layer of glass, The dealership said, “Nope, GM has no remedy “. I will try State Farm Insurance. They say my $500 deductible they will try to collect from GM and return it to me after I replace the windshield.
I would shop around for a different GM dealership instead of taking "no" for an answer to an issue that is obvious, if they will just be honest.

Reactions: warp ten

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
844 Posts
Mr. Mac,

There are threads on this forum with many pictures with the driver side stress cracks. I encourage you to use the search field at the top of the page and you will information on every topic that you can imagine that has been discussed over the years.

Below is a search result by typing in "stress crack" to assist you with your search. And of course I am a member of the stress crack windshield club.

GM tend to not acknowledge a known problem because that admits fault. They also have a ton of money and lawyers to tie these things up in courts for many years just as they did with the crack wheels and Z06 overheating problems on the C7.

Most of us have just replaced the windshield on our own or live with the surface stress crack.

Could you send a Pic? I like to save them for reference Thanks

41 - 49 of 49 Posts