DTR Crystal Red Full Length Dual Racing Stripe Package
DTW Carbon Flash Hood Stinger Stripe
DTZ Cyber Gray Hood Stinger Stripe
Chevy Reveals Two More 2014 Corvette Stingray Stripes in Monterey

Black Stinger stripes.jpg

·
Registered
141 Posts
I cancelled the stinger stripe order. I'm going to have the guy who striped our C6 do the C7. You can do a lot of stripping for what GM charges.

·
18,670 Posts

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Can anyone post some close up pictures of the carbon flash stripes? Do they look like carbon fiber weave only as a stripe or something else?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Can anyone post some close up pictures of the carbon flash stripes? Do they look like carbon fiber weave only as a stripe or something else?
The carbon flash stripes are flat black with some sparkle in them. Not at all like the weave for the carbon fiber that is on the roof and dash. It is closer to the hood vent color. I saw them at the dealer when I was doing research for the color combination I wanted to order. But I didn't take a picture. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
The carbon flash stripes are flat black with some sparkle in them. Not at all like the weave for the carbon fiber that is on the roof and dash. It is closer to the hood vent color. I saw them at the dealer when I was doing research for the color combination I wanted to order. But I didn't take a picture. Hope this helps.
Thank you Tommy, that's what I wanted to know. I'm not a huge fan of the carbon fiber look, so what you describe sounds nice to me. I really like the look of the dual stripes on the red car, both the silver and the carbon black, but I'm leaning towards the black.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I read the comment on using Opti-Coat sealer for the full length dual stripe option, but what's the rule of thumb for taking care of these? Can you wax over them? Or do you have to seal them first? I love the look so before I put my car package together it's these little things I'd like to know more about. What does GM or the brochure recommend for keeping clean and regular maintenance? Thanks for any input you can provide!

·
Registered
57 Posts
if the stripe is gloss and not straight matte, any wax will do...all the chevy stripes are ok to wax....do a search at autogeek.net for more how to....
Thanks, I was talking strictly about Chevy stripes, so that's good news. Still like the idea of applying a good sealer first!

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Thanks, I was talking strictly about Chevy stripes, so that's good news. Still like the idea of applying a good sealer first!
nu finish at your grocer, drug or auto parts store will work nicely.....

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Please post your C-7 with racing stripes or stinger stripes pictures here. I am still looking for CG on LRG. pictures. Maybe this thread will stay on topic!

1 - 20 of 273 Posts