Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone. Curious if every engine with manual trans experiences this. If I have in neutral and parked and blip the throttle fast there is a suction or rub noise from under the hood as I do that. And I could even say a slight hesitation with it. If I gradually throttle it, no sound. If I am driving, I don't hear nothing under load.

Anyone notice something similar or know why it does this. If anyone could open hood and listen as they press throttle and let me know itd be much appreciated. Just go this baby yesterday. Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
That is your stock cold air intake sucking in air, you will hear it from the passenger side front.
I love that sound.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks! It makes the car hesitate though a little, no?
I am in North Wildwood today, when I take it out for a cruise I will blip the throttle to check.

I am pretty sure with no load on the engine, there is a slight hesitation before you get that cool intake sound.

When you have load on the engine during driving (when you are in gear) it is instantaneous.

BTW, this happens whether you have a manual tranny in neutral or the automatic in neutral.

I have the automatic.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Yell03. Last night I was running the car around and it didn't hesitate. It must have been bc it wasn't at temperature yet or low idle. Anyhow, let me know what you notice. The hesitation was only when I pressed the rattle quickly from idle rpm.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I have 750 miles on my C7(manual tranny) and I also noticed this noise.

Here is a video:

I´am sure this noise was not before 700 miles?!?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Intake sucking air. Normal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts