Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have some good pictures of what this looks like? Some interior shots showing the various areas that get it and what it looks like up close would be nice. I like creature comforts and plan to go with the 3LT, but still trying to decide if I really want/need this. It's kind of pricey at $995. Is it always the same color or does it depend on the color interior option selected?

·
18,670 Posts
The sueded upper interior package, IWE, is only available on the 3LT interior. It is always a charcoal/dark gray color. It is a microfiber wrap that, on a coupe, covers the "A" pillar, the upper windshield header (side to side), the underside of a solid roof, and the area around the quarter window. It is very attractive IMO, though everyone needs to decide whether they like it/it is worth it, etc. Here are two pictures.

It is darker in real life than it appears in the following picture.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Got it on our convertible, too. Obviously no rear structure, but all the front parts including the bar at the front of the top are the same as your pictures.

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
34 Posts
My triple black interior has the microfiber and it is black not gray. I originally ordered without microfiber but later bought from stock and it came with this option as well as MF seat inserts. In hindsight I really like both.

·
Registered
124 Posts
ITs worth it. I wasn't convinced until I received my Premier. It looks great. And the color varies depending on interior color. Brownstone is Brown, Black is Black, Grey is Grey.

·
18,670 Posts
ITs worth it. I wasn't convinced until I received my Premier. It looks great. And the color varies depending on interior color. Brownstone is Brown, Black is Black, Grey is Grey.
Crawler, are you referring to the IWE suede microfiber package varying in color (or the seat inserts please), for if it is the microfiber upper interior trim package (IWE), that would be big news, not just to me, but to Ryan Vaughn, Interior Design Manager, for I asked him, one to one, that very question and he said, "for every 2014 , the IWE microfiber package is black."

The way he said that got me to wondering whether, in the 2015's, might the IWE package not always be black?

Thanks Crawler for clarifying back.

·
18,670 Posts
I don't know...
A corvette with suede steering wheel?
Not what I'm going for.
The IWE package does not automatically come with a suede steering wheel. The suede steering wheel is only included if you get the comp seats (in a 1LT interior); or, in the 2LT & 3LT interior, only when you get both the comp seats and the sueded seat inserts.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Crawler, are you referring to the IWE suede microfiber package varying in color (or the seat inserts please), for if it is the microfiber upper interior trim package (IWE), that would be big news, not just to me, but to Ryan Vaughn, Interior Design Manager, for I asked him, one to one, that very question and he said, "for every 2014 , the IWE microfiber package is black."

The way he said that got me to wondering whether, in the 2015's, might the IWE package not always be black?

Thanks Crawler for clarifying back.

I took delivery, then a day later sold it to a client that wanted it really bad. I had thought it was brownstone. I could have been mistaken, I've text my friend that owns it now and asked for a picture. He's out of the country so I won't have an immediate answer. If I've steered anybody wrong, I apologize.

·
18,670 Posts
No apologies ever needed, for we are all learning, and maybe GM changed its mind during this model run and started to mimic the interior color in the headliner.

Anyone who has the IWE package, please respond back as to the IWE color and your chosen interior color and we will collectively figure this out.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Elegant, the IWE fabric in our Brownstone convertible is, as you described, either very dark gray or black

·
Registered
531 Posts
I've got the suede steering wheel on my 427 convertible. Don't like it.

·
Registered
873 Posts
This is a shot of the pass a-pillar of our brownstone car with the IWE Package. ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1388003261.437016.jpg

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here is a shot of the Microfiber in an Adrenalin Red interior that I shot yesterday at Hendrick. In my opinion for me at least, it is worth the price and I will be ordering it on my 2015. It looks and feels more luxurious and is more of the texture of the Brownstone interior. Now if they would make it match the Brownstone color for 2015, that would be icing on the cake.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Does anybody know for sure that the "visible carbon fiber roof panel with body-color surround"(C2Z) top on coupes w/IWE has the sueded microfiber on the inside of the top? My dealer couldn't answer that question. & Thanks.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The car I took the picture of the microsuede in above had the bottom of the top covered. I would assume any roof option other than transparent would have the microsuede on the bottom of the roof panel as long as the $995 microsuede option is ordered.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks greggshere & I def saw the suede on the inside of the roof of the coupe in your picture. IWE is a must for my build & C2Z is my preferred roof, unless only the body-colored roof has suede, in which case I'd want to go w/that. From what I'm seeing in what you've said, I'm guessing the Corvette in that picture you posted has the body colored roof(?). I hope to find a definitive answer to this before my order gets to 2000. I'll be sure to post that data for everybody if/when I do find it. Thanks again greggshere.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts