Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have black Z51wheels and I hate to admit it but I curbed my right ones backing out if parking spot :-(

Looking for experienced folks to provide guidance on touching them up.

MrG 69
Enjoying every mile in my CGM/Kalahari 7sp Z51 2LT Coupe w NPP, Nav, CF Mirrors/Spoiler and BC Roof
** Sent from mobile using Corvette Stingray Forum App **

·
Registered
5,453 Posts

·
Administrator
16,489 Posts
As Glen said most good Chevy dealers have a person who does it reasonably. I would encourage you to check with your dealer, also if you have a local Vette club or C&C ask around. You can certainly attempt to do it yourself but the people who do this for a living do such a great job it tends to be worth using them.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, that's a first on this forum.

"Google it -or- take it to your dealership"

Hmm!

MrG 69
Enjoying every mile in my CGM/Kalahari 7sp Z51 2LT Coupe w NPP, Nav, CF Mirrors/Spoiler and BC Roof

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Wow, that's a first on this forum.

"Google it -or- take it to your dealership"

Hmm!

MrG 69

The link in Greg's link is hardly google, it is a step by step....

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The link in Greg's link is hardly google, it is a step by step....
Thanks for making me dig deeper.

I had read that great thread a while back and got a lot out of it for general techniques and great tips on detailing.

I missed the wheel reference and link away at the very end.

Just reviewed that whole 30 hour process for restoring uncared for wheels Worth saving for future reference but not really what I was looking for.

I have about three 1 inch wide brush marks on the very edges if my rims. Just enough to take a little paint off (I'll post pics tomorrow). I knew I'd have to grind/polish them a little. Was looking for more specifics on how to do that and what to use to touch up black painted wheels after smoothing scuff out.

Thanks.

MrG 69

1 - 6 of 6 Posts