Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you know me at all, you know that I pay pretty close attention to detail. I also like to minimize the potential for rock chips as much as possible. For quite some time, I had planned to install splash guards on my Stingray. When vendors started selling painted splash guards, I wanted to get a set in carbon flash. However, no one was offering them in a high gloss finish. I even contacted a vendor selling these in the painted version to see if they were going to offer them in a gloss finish and was told that the painted portion is so slim that it would be difficult to sand and finish them in a high gloss finish. Here is an example of what they look like when they are just painted:

121013s2.jpg

It was then that I turned to Jonathan at JW Motoring and asked if he was planning on offering painted splash guards. I told him what I was looking for and asked if I could employ his services to paint a set for me in carbon flash. He graciously accepted and I had a set shipped directly to him.

Well, I received my high gloss finish carbon flash splash guards today and couldn't be more pleased! The gloss goes all the way up to the very slim edge at the top of the splash guards and he even treated the opposite side of the gloss side in a flat finish that looks great next to the OEM finish on the side that faces the tire. The attention to detail is incredible and I couldn't be happier! (Note: Jonathan still isn't sure if he is going to offer these for sale at this time.)

IMG_7591.JPG

IMG_7595.JPG

IMG_7600.JPG

IMG_7597.JPG

IMG_7579.JPG

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just noticed in one photo that the lower part of the gloss looks flat. It is not and this is simply a result of the poor lighting conditions.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Administrator
16,497 Posts
Super job Jag! They look great:cool:

Reactions: jagamajajaran

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Awesome!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Looks great! :cool:

·
Registered
755 Posts
I would be like Yosimity Sam and want to find the varment who left the rocks on the road that just chipped my newly painted CF, splash guards. For looks and show I think they are great, but I would be very upset if they themselves got chipped. Can't win I guess. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Nice ...as I've said and shown before,,easily done for $30 worth of paint at automotivetouchup.com

Explained about 3 times in build thread below?.and yes anyone can do it.....

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks to all who have commented!

I would be like Yosimity Sam and want to find the varment who left the rocks on the road that just chipped my newly painted CF, splash guards. For looks and show I think they are great, but I would be very upset if they themselves got chipped. Can't win I guess. :rolleyes:
The painted side shouldn't get chipped at all. :)

Nice ...as I've said and shown before,,easily done for $30 worth of paint at automotivetouchup.com

Explained about 3 times in build thread below?.and yes anyone can do it.....
Glen, there are many things I am capable of and a few things I would rather have a professional do for me. I'm actually going to try my hand at painting something for my C7 soon. I already have the carbon flash rattle cans to do so. But one of my biggest hurdles is time. I'm in my second year of building a brand new business, not to mention the time I spend with my wife and five kids (ages 7-20). Sometimes I'm pretty slow about getting to MY projects! LOL But thank you for the great DIY instructions and for sharing your knowledge with the forum!

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Better pics posted.

·
Registered
533 Posts
If you know me at all, you know that I pay pretty close attention to detail. I also like to minimize the potential for rock chips as much as possible. For quite some time, I had planned to install splash guards on my Stingray. When vendors started selling painted splash guards, I wanted to get a set in carbon flash. However, no one was offering them in a high gloss finish. I even contacted a vendor selling these in the painted version to see if they were going to offer them in a gloss finish and was told that the painted portion is so slim that it would be difficult to sand and finish them in a high gloss finish. Here is an example of what they look like when they are just painted:

View attachment 8147

Well, I received my high gloss finish carbon flash splash guards today and couldn't be more pleased! The gloss goes all the way up to the very slim edge at the top of the splash guards and he even treated the opposite side of the gloss side in a flat finish that looks great next to the OEM finish on the side that faces the tire. The attention to detail is incredible and I couldn't be happier! (Note: Jonathan still isn't sure if he is going to offer these for sale at this time.)
Please let him know I would like a set and would gladly pay for them to make sure he is making a profit on them...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yep, very nice jag. You just have to be careful about going too fast in reverse too many miles as they could develop chips & stuff (trying my best to make a stupid comment folks'll laugh at). Are your sideskirts the WCC skirts & do you think they're helping to keep rocks off the car?
On a side note I just got the roof bar blackout vinyl piece (& installed) from your vettefx buddy. I like his stuff/happy to work w/him.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1 - 17 of 17 Posts