Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought c7 2019 stingray new have saved every gas slip put in super yesterday filled tank with premium that is the highest number they had going to still gas with super wondering if this is going to be a problem down the road thank you for your comments

·
Administrator
16,654 Posts
Bought c7 2019 stingray new have saved every gas slip put in super yesterday filled tank with premium that is the highest number they had going to still gas with super wondering if this is going to be a problem down the road thank you for your comments
What was the rating? 91? The C7 is fine to fill with 91 24/7.

·
Administrator
16,654 Posts
Reactions: lesliecavotti

·
Registered
22 Posts
keep in mind altitude may affect what octane is offered. in the midwest 91 non alcohol is about as high as offered except as race gas in barrels. Down at sea level then 93 would be equivalent. At 10K feet the 91 is probably over kill on stock non apperated engine.

·
Registered
22 Posts
in our area super means alcohol & premium means Non alcohol. Only draw back on alcohol is it has tendency to draw moisture in long term storage if your area has high humidity

·
Registered
2014 Premier Edition
190 Posts
TRUE. I'm basically at sea level. About 2 miles from the Gulf of Mexico. Previously in the Mid-Hudson Valley of NY which is a tad bit higher but not a whole lot.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
keep in mind altitude may affect what octane is offered. in the midwest 91 non alcohol is about as high as offered except as race gas in barrels. Down at sea level then 93 would be equivalent. At 10K feet the 91 is probably over kill on stock non apperated engine.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I've always run 93 in 'em.... <shrug> I figure if a buck or two a tankful is going to break my bank then I shouldn't have bought the SOB in the first place.... :D
In many states, the maximum available Is octane is 91. Since Chevy sells vettes in all states, it’s obvious that that is okay!

Reactions: stevec

·
Administrator
16,654 Posts
I totally agree!!! MY x gave his Costco card for gas and I won't ever do that again...my car hated it!!!!! ping ping...
RedHot has run almost exclusively on Costco 91 since day one (over eight years ago) and never had an issue and gets great gas mileage. Costco is certified Top Tier gas.

Reactions: Section147

·
Registered
541 Posts
I agree Jeff. My Costco locally is actually 93 octane premium and 87 regular. Never an issue with pinging or any signs of distress.

Reactions: Section147
1 - 20 of 27 Posts