Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Has anyone had an issue with the paint on their C7 suspension components fading/discoloring? Mine are discolored. I’ve attacked some pics. Any ideas on how to correct this issue?
It almost looks like salt got on the aluminum components.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It almost looks like salt got on the aluminum components.
I’ve never had it out in the winter, always winterized and stored. I saw on you tube someone tried an aluminum cleaner much like you would use on uncoated aluminum motorcycle wheels. I think it contains some form of acid and am a little afraid to try it!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Paint? That's bare aluminum. And over time we know what happens. Oxidation and dirt. You can get under there with some Simple Green and a tooth brush and have at it but then.....you know what happens next.
Get over the OCD and drive the thing.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I’ve found that using a “Coin Operation“ self car washing facilities using their “pressure washing wand” first with the soap and then rinse works great for moderate to light soil/oily buildup. “Gunk” brand aerosol engine degreaser works wonders on the heavier build up but, I still follow up with the “pressure wand” from the “Coin Op”. Caution, always use care with any pressure washer style device so not to damage truly painted surfaces. Bud then again, I may be OCD like the guy with a “Mustang” avatar.🤔

·
Registered
458 Posts
Has anyone had an issue with the paint on their C7 suspension components fading/discoloring? Mine are discolored. I’ve attacked some pics. Any ideas on how to correct this issue?
Its obvious to me the car was driven in rain at a minimum. Give away is the dirt on the mufflers. Buy a new car and dont drive it. Get a lift and wax the suspension parts Really what can one expect?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts