Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I am not getting a Z-51 C8 and not tracking car is there a need for the Suspension Selective Ride Control?
Thanks
J

·
Registered
87 Posts
If I am not getting a Z-51 C8 and not tracking car is there a need for the Suspension Selective Ride Control?
Thanks
J
Sure everyone has a different opinion but I have a C7 without magnetic ride and I have a C8 with magnetic ride and I track both cars. my opinion is that if you don’t plan on tracking it there’s really no need for even spirited use on country roads to have magnetic ride.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Am watching: Never had mag ride. Wish I did on the 2016 Z51 to soften the ride. Thought if it was not a Z51 I wouldn't want it as much. Don't know. Is it sad the option I most want on my fantasy C8 is the engine appearance package?

·
Registered
877 Posts
Obviously just my opinion, but I feel that Mag ride’s most impressive aspect is what it does for daily street driving. It allows the car to easily handle all the imperfections and road features like railroad tracks without undue bouncing and hopping around. Put it in tour, and the ride will be good on anything other than the worst possible roads, and then when you want handling, crank it up to sport or track in a few seconds. I have a Z06, and it would be a horrible street car without the system. With it, it handles the typical streets better than my wife’s non-Z51 Stingray.

Reactions: unodonjuan
1 - 5 of 5 Posts