Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced the tachometer on their c7 jump all over From 2500-7000 while driving? Mine started today had 238 miles on my car when it started happening. Dances all over and moves a few different positions per second very annoying.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Has anyone experienced the tachometer on their c7 jump all over From 2500-7000 while driving? Mine started today had 238 miles on my car when it started happening. Dances all over and moves a few different positions per second very annoying.
I have not

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
vfast; Any other dash function issues? I also have not heard of this singular issue, but would not be surprised if a control module were found to be defective.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The only other issue I had was the car wouldn't start twice. The info center said to have the theft deterrent system serviced. Appreciate everyone's input.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Must be a new thing. I just picked up my 3rd Stingray and it's doing what you said. It's not really bothering me much, considering all the annoying issues I've dealt with on the first two cars. Vin 30185

Dumb phone

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
JC; Did your issue come after a few hundred miles or did you experience it on this third car (3? :confused:) from the day you picked it up? Man, you have more experience in different C-7's than anyone else I know of!

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
vryfast,

I realize that tachometer concerns like this can be very displeasing, and though you're seeking thoughts and opinions, I'd be happy to communicate this with the designated Customer Experience Manager (CEM) at your preferred dealer if you feel an official diagnosis is necessary. Feel free to message us privately if you'd like to proceed, or discuss this situation further.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
187 Posts
JC; Did your issue come after a few hundred miles or did you experience it on this third car (3? :confused:) from the day you picked it up? Man, you have more experience in different C-7's than anyone else I know of!
I noticed it the next day, about 30 miles on it. Now I'm starting to think it's something completely different. I'll be cruising along and it's almost as if I press the gas pedal really fast, but I' don't. It accelerates slightly and you can hear it and see the gauges jump around.
Yes, this is my third C7, but it really came down to being completely happy and comfortable. The non-Z fits me a lot better.
I don't think this is a huge issue, and I plan on keeping this one for a long time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts