Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
16,654 Posts
Great Kyle! Thanks for sharing (y)(y)(y)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Perfect timing Kyle, I am headed to Atlanta from Louisville in a couple of weeks in my new (used) 2015 C7 convertible and have considered the Tail of the Dragon. Looks like I'm going to do it!

Kent

·
Registered
486 Posts
Great pics. When we did it we got stuck behind a Cadillac CTS with a family in it. They were out for a nice cruise. Never had the decency to pull over and let me by. Putted along all those 318 curves. We were on our way to Maine (from California) so no time to do a redo.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Very cool... thanks for posting Kyle!
I did a two day trip down from Michigan to ToD and then over to Bowling Green / NCM and then home.
I'll post a separate thread and include the video I shot.

·
Registered
2014 C7 Stingray convertible Z51 3LT Torch Red/black int.
17 Posts
DAMNATION, Kent! That is awesome!
But.... why only 13 Corvettes in your first photo? 😉

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just spent 4 days down there, 12 days total. So many great roads around Maggie Valley. Cherohala Skyway, The Rattler (NC-209) an old moonshiner's route over three mountains, even The Back of The Dragon and route 250 North out of Staunton Va into West Virginia. Spent the majority of two days at TOD. Left when I started to get too fast and too comfortable at eight tenths on that road. Just a blast.

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
🤣 I think in that picture we were in Kentucky for midway overnight stay but two corvettes drove straight through and another drove to Atlanta first and then drove over and met us in Tennessee. Glad to know that I am not the only one into details like that. 🤣

It actually was 17 cars with the 850HP CTSV leading the way although he does have a 900HP C7 Z06 that he would normally drive, his wife needed to work virtually for her job on her laptop so she set up a car office in the back seat of the CTSV. The day that we were returning about 5 cars drove to other destinations and didn't caravan back with us.

On a side note, a local guy with the identical twin CTSV pulled to the side of our club guy's CTSV and rolled down the window wanted to see what he can do. Of course our guy being the guy that he is being know as Fast Fletch was up for the challenge. The local guy's CTSV plate read "ShesBad2" so it made for interesting theatre because I was directly behind them with my dashcam on and the local lost three straight times. But was interesting is that they both had high HP CTSVs and Z06s and they guy came back to the hotel with his 900HP Z06 that was a beast so it was fun.

Lastly, the last race they took off so fast and drove past the police car parked in the center on the picture below and he didn't budge and figured it was no way he was catching those two very fast CTSV's. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

See the fine print in the one picture on our guy's CTSV. LOL 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

81FCF613-BB1B-453C-8BCB-5E9E82DCF046.jpeg
30BFE6C9-948E-4626-8D30-15D733C25052.jpeg
4CF7F679-405C-4CB4-B529-CE97A4CC77FE.jpeg
DCDAE411-38F2-466E-80E4-33176ACCE1B9.jpeg

DAMNATION, Kent! That is awesome!
But.... why only 13 Corvettes in your first photo? 😉

1 - 12 of 12 Posts