Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

Below is what I got from my dealer. Bold portion mine. Long story short, I tried tracking it on the Chevy website which shows 'shipped/enroute'. That's not the case, but I got that cleared up. What is 'expiration of transit time'?

-------------

It was too soon for you to track shipping thru Chevrolet .The Car was just produced on the 24th it gets bayed in Bowling Green then onto a carrier either directly to here or to Spring Hill TENN. then to be shipped by rail to Twin Oaks PA... expiration of transit time is JULY 29TH. Ill call on Monday I suspect its coming here direct...event code 4000 is available to ship.as of 7/24 it was 4b00 bayed.hope this helps.wont be long now.

-------------

Thanks all!

·
Registered
873 Posts
Hey folks,

Below is what I got from my dealer. Bold portion mine. Long story short, I tried tracking it on the Chevy website which shows 'shipped/enroute'. That's not the case, but I got that cleared up. What is 'expiration of transit time'?

-------------

It was too soon for you to track shipping thru Chevrolet .The Car was just produced on the 24th it gets bayed in Bowling Green then onto a carrier either directly to here or to Spring Hill TENN. then to be shipped by rail to Twin Oaks PA... expiration of transit time is JULY 29TH. Ill call on Monday I suspect its coming here direct...event code 4000 is available to ship.as of 7/24 it was 4b00 bayed.hope this helps.wont be long now.

-------------

Thanks all!
Unless the car is on hold for some reason, there is a time limit for the shipping company to get it out of the lot. I thought it was 10 days, but your dealer seems to indicate it is now 5 days.

As to the Chevy website, as been posted here many times, it is of limited use. It only has five different status levels, while the internal GM system has over 20 status codes. On the website, "Shipped/Enroute" means anything between when your car is parked after its test drive to when the car transporter pulls into your dealer. That includes the 5 days it can sit, waiting for an appropriate truck load. They always try to get an entire truck load (11 cars,) going to the same general area of the country. In 2013, my 427 vert sat 8 days waiting for an entire truck load going to the northwest.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts