Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't found anything in the owner's manual about receiving text messages, but are we supposed to have text message interface when our phones are connected to our Vettes via bluetooth? (BTW, I'm using an Android phone.) I'm asking because my recently acquired 2014 Cruze not only alerts me of incoming text messages, but also reads them back to me and provides a series of standard text message replies that I can select from in order to quickly respond to the sender. Have I simply not yet figured out how to access text messages with my 2014 Corvette, or is this something that is exclusive to higher end Chevy vehicles like the Cruze???

Oh, and how many of you actually unplug your cell phone chargers before starting or turning off the engine? After all, this is what the owner's manual tells us to do...

"Cell phone chargers can interfere with the operation of the Keyless Access system. Battery chargers should not be plugged in when starting or turning off the engine."

Anyone have any problems with their Keyless Access system due to leaving their cell phone charger plugged in? I haven't.

LOL

Reactions: 1ccrider

·
Registered
346 Posts
I did have a key fob problem recently, neither one would work at all. Could not figure it out and everything was okay 2 days later. But now with your post, there may be a correlation. My cell charger has remained plugged in since the day I got the car in November. I left it in because I knew it would not drain the battery because no power goes to it when the car is off. Maybe there is something to that!:confused:

And as for the texting..... they probably have to save a few "new and improved" features to add to future models to increase sales!:rolleyes: You know like.... "coming soon!"

Thanks for posting this.... very interesting.
Mark D.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting, indeed, on the fob issue!

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
I haven't found anything in the owner's manual about receiving text messages, but are we supposed to have text message interface when our phones are connected to our Vettes via Bluetooth.
Texting is covered on page 77 of the infotainment manual.

Reactions: jagamajajaran

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Texting is covered on page 77 of the infotainment manual.
Ah! Thanks! However, all it really says is,

"Text Messaging

If equipped, the infotainment system
may allow text messages to be
received and replied to. Received
messages can also be read aloud."

I have 3LT trim. But mine doesn't seem like it's "equipped" for this. What is the real world experience of Android phone owners pairing their phones with their 2014 Corvettes? Does this work for anyone out there?

·
Administrator
16,583 Posts
My Samsung S4Active android synced fully with RedHot no problems. As for leaving it plugged in while starting, I seem to remember somewhere an article that recommended against doing that for a different reason. They felt it was a potential risk of a spike/surge through the charger when the car started, with the possibility of damaging your phone. Hence I never plug my phone in until after I start RedHot. I have not set it up (if it is even possible) for reading text messages to me, since when I am driving I don't pay attention to it. The phone however works perfectly well through the system for incoming and out going calls. I have noticed that if I am using Pandora and I get a text message the music volume is slightly decreased when the message comes in and then returns to the normal level.:cool:

·
Registered
346 Posts
I can't seem to get any texting to work. (Android, samsung galaxy S4).

Is it suppose to print out the text on the screen?

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can't seem to get any texting to work. (Android, samsung galaxy S4).

Is it suppose to print out the text on the screen?
My Cruze gives me the option to have it read back to me or to post it on the display. Our new Corvettes will not do this for those of us using Android phones.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I called GM's Infotainment number and received the official word on this subject - "Text messaging is not an available function on the 2014 Corvette, but it is on the 2014 Cruze." The representative did not know if a future update would make this available or not.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I called GM's Infotainment number and received the official word on this subject - "Text messaging is not an available function on the 2014 Corvette, but it is on the 2014 Cruze." The representative did not know if a future update would make this available or not.

I should have gotten the Cruze! :p

Thanks for the info!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts