Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok first off I looked and found a lot of people sailing the covers GM and after market.

However I want to get some feed back from people that have used them. I want to get a nice cover and want to protect the paint from the sun coming thru my garage windows and the dust from the garage in and out side. The car will spend most of its life on the top of a four post lift.

I park my DD under it so the garage door is opened and closed a lot. The cover will be All indoor use. I like the black GM cover but hat the price over others I've seen. I also like the red/black one that was offered on the forum just a week or so back. Unsure how soft it was and how it compares.

So what I would like is can someone tell me what they have and likes / dislikes and if you can the supplier and the aprox. Cost.

Thanks.

·
18,670 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good question Troy, for as you noted, indoor covers are completely different than outdoor covers. Great detail as to how you will use it. Here are some other options, from our vendor MidAmerica Motorworks, with four of these specifically listed as fitting a C7.

http://www.mamotorworks.com/Corvette/newsearch.aspx?S=Indoor car covers&Y=&G=&C=
The GM C7 indoor cover is priced from $295 to all most $400 whats with that? I like the Stingray logo but if there is another cover that will be as sofe on the under side and portect the same then I can spend the money somewhere else,

·
Registered
28 Posts
I bought my GM indoor cover on EBAY for about $300.00. Black with the Rays ALL over it.
My Emerald sleeps in a better, softer, probably warmer coat then I do ( :
It is very high quality, very very soft interior and very fitted. It looks very cool on the car.
It is very easy to put on, and take off.
I tried a few not as expensive covers. This was worth the price to me.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was hopping to find out more info on how the higher end (not GM) covers stack up to the GM one. ???

·
Registered
307 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you FCCCVPMan. I also was wondering if anyone has purchased a seat cover. I was thinking of putting one on the passenger's seat when I have to transport my dog to the vet, etc. Also may place a seat cover when I head out to play tennis. Might be overkill but I'd like to keep everything in top shape.

Reactions: Roadrat3
1 - 6 of 6 Posts