Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are a family of four and every other summer a family of six. We have a mixed family living slightly above minimum income for a average household. I did not think so soon or at least until the kids leave the nest (10 more years) till I see a sports car in my garage.
To my surprise my wife sold her beloved 2011 GMC Denali Diesil Truck to place a down payment for any corvette I wanted. I tried to be conservative and settle for a 2LT coupe. I placed the order with 2000 cash as a deposit with only a week wait. The day after the deposit my wife suggested and extremely encouraged me to find a corvette that is fully loaded with every option. Now I am driving 3 hours to pick up my 3lt z51 torch red C7. (7:00 am 8/24/14) all thanks to my wife.
I told my brother that I was pick up a sports car and his initial response was "is your wife okay with you buying a sports car" .... She is the one buying the Corvette for me.
I have been a Japanese Car Tuner for as long as I have been driving. Mainly restoring and finding Acura Type R parts to fit into a 95 Honda Hatchback. This corvette will be my first American sports car but I can't say my first American car. I currently drive a 2012 yukon that I got a year ago and the Yukon is my first GM product. Wish me luck... I am excited to start a new chapter in my life starting with a timeless will be classic.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Congratulations! She is a Wonderful Wife!!

Reactions: 63Split and Hung

·
Registered
56 Posts
Congratulations. Great wife.
Mine gave up her 4Runner's garage space to mine. All I have to do is build another garage...you need to buy another Denali. Good luck (to both of us).

·
Registered
810 Posts
Nice story. Super wife! See? Marriages CAN work!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can believe how much attention we get on the road. I stop traffic at a stop light. I crossed at green and wonder why nobody was going. Lol

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Hung, congrats on your new C7 masterpiece and it reads like you have a wonderful wife!!! Enjoy your new C7 and drive the wheels off it.

SF
Rick

·
Administrator
16,307 Posts
My wife has a heavy foot. Any recommendations for a radar?
Please use our excellent search function and you will find this has been discussed a number of times.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Congrats! I also have a wonderful wife who agreed we should get one. We are enjoying it. It is not a daily driver so our biggest challenge is keeping it clean! ☺

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We are enjoying the last month of sunshine till the vette sleeps in the garage for the raining season.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts