Stingray Corvette Forum banner
61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
many cars had this a year or two go, (accord/328) the corvette is really playing catchup....
While my 2012 SRX and 2011 CTS are IPOD compatible they still have CD. So I guess at least Cadillac needs to catch up to the Corvette. Just checked and the top line 2014 Accord still has a CD. So who is catching up or passing who?

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
LOL, enthusiasts are an oxymoron in themselves...they want crystal clear sound like in a studio, but also want to roar around town with Borla or NPP exhausts locked open.....hard to have it both ways...."jumbo shrimp"....
Yup. Like it both ways. Not hard at all. I can turn down the studio quality music to really hear and feel the C7 roar. But the C7 is also quite at cruise so I got it both ways and don't feel oxymoroned(sp).

I also like jumbo shrimp in my scampi.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ha that is so funny that you brought this up. When I went to pick up my C7 I brought my two favorite CDs. AC/DC back in black and Guns and Roses appetite for destruction. I was so pumped to rock out on my way home. As soon as I left the dealer I got ready to put my AC/DC cd in and put on thunderstruck and I could not find the CD player anywhere. I even pulled over and checked the trunk. After finding out that there was no CD player I was so disappointed. That is my only gripe about the C7. They made a huge mistake by not putting a CD player on the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum
"Sent from my iPhone" shows that you already have what you need to play your CDs in your Corvette. Just copy your CDs into iTunes and synch your iTunes music with your iPhone. You can connect your iPhone to your Corvette either through a USB connection or Bluetooth. You probably already have it set up to use with the phone features of the Corvette. Depending on how much memory your iPhone has, you can put a pretty large music library on it. You can also play iTunes Radio and Pandora in your Corvette with your iPhone connected.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
"Sent from my iPhone" shows that you already have what you need to play your CDs in your Corvette. Just copy your CDs into iTunes and synch your iTunes music with your iPhone. You can connect your iPhone to your Corvette either through a USB connection or Bluetooth. You probably already have it set up to use with the phone features of the Corvette. Depending on how much memory your iPhone has, you can put a pretty large music library on it. You can also play iTunes Radio and Pandora in your Corvette with your iPhone connected.
The problem here is the average age of the iTunes user is about 3 decades younger than the average age of a Corvette owner. What's intuitive for one is gibberish to the other.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm just glad I don't have to store all those cd's in the glove box and when I want to change albums I'm not messing with reaching in and getting the jewel case out, ejecting the disc, finding the ........ Well you get the picture. I have a 32 GB USB flash drive that has so far only 6 full albums and have used up only 2 of those GB's. I leave the drive in all the time. My music is always there at the touch of a button.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
I'm just glad I don't have to store all those cd's in the glove box and when I want to change albums I'm not messing with reaching in and getting the jewel case out, ejecting the disc, finding the ........ Well you get the picture. I have a 32 GB USB flash drive that has so far only 6 full albums and have used up only 2 of those GB's. I leave the drive in all the time. My music is always there at the touch of a button.
Hey Steve c7. I am just down the road in OC. In fact the other day I drove my new C7 thru Georgetown. Maybe we will see each other crusin on Ocean Highway sometime! Keep an eye out for a blade silver metallic.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The problem here is the average age of the iTunes user is about 3 decades younger than the average age of a Corvette owner. What's intuitive for one is gibberish to the other.
I doubt that I am 3 decades younger than anyone on here. I was born in 1943. I love to play music while driving and bought an iPod Classic specifically for that purpose. Yesterday, I decided to add an SD card. I don't really need both, but since the Stingray has a slot for it, I thought I'd try it. I bought a 32GB generic SD from Microcenter for $16.99 and filled it with lossless (.aif) files. I created a playlist using a free playlist creator. It works fine and holds about 45 CDs of lossless files. It would hold many more CDs of MP3 files, but I like to maintain the audio quality of the original CDs.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
I doubt that I am 3 decades younger than anyone on here. I was born in 1943. I love to play music while driving and bought an iPod Classic specifically for that purpose. Yesterday, I decided to add an SD card. I don't really need both, but since the Stingray has a slot for it, I thought I'd try it. I bought a 32GB generic SD from Microcenter for $16.99 and filled it with lossless (.aif) files. I created a playlist using a free playlist creator. It works fine and holds about 45 CDs of lossless files. It would hold many more CDs of MP3 files, but I like to maintain the audio quality of the original CDs.
I said AVERAGE, not ALL. The term average means there will be outliers of which I am one too being 56. It doesn't change the fact that on average, younger people perceive technology completely different than older people. It's not a put down, just a simple fact.

I work a lot with Human Interface Designers who's job it is to understand the various audiences that products and websites need to support. It's interesting listening (and sad) to read some of their recommendations.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I finally gave in to new technology and purchased a IPod classic. I found it to be very easy to load cds through my computer on I Tunes and then sync to my I Pod. I already have about 250 songs on it and plenty of space for more. The process is very easy once you get the hang of it and the process is very fast. Once I Pod is plugged into entertainment system it can all be controlled through audio on steering wheel. Much nicer than having all those cds in car.

John V

·
Registered
125 Posts
If you want to maintain CD quality in your music files, rip them to iTunes using its AIFF Encoder or its Apple Lossless encoder (import settings in iTunes General Preferences). Then sync an iPod with your iTunes music library. You can also create playlists in iTunes and sync those with your iPod. Connect the iPod to a USB input (I use the one in the compartment behind the screen). Even with the lossless formats (which give you much larger files than "lossy" MP3s), you call still fit well over 100 CDs onto a 120GB or 160GB iPod. The media playback system in the Stingray is really nice, allowing you to select music by playlist, artist, album, or genre, and the display is excellent, including artist, album, song title, and album art. I found the bass too boomy in the Bose premium system in the 3LT, but it sounds much better with the bass tone control turned down a bit.
So you are saying that when I plug my Ipod classic in the usb, that my playlist will come up on the screen and i can scroll thru my songs via the screen?

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
So you are saying that when I plug my Ipod classic in the usb, that my playlist will come up on the screen and i can scroll thru my songs via the screen?
yes

·
Registered
54 Posts
The display screen will let you browse by playlist, artist, album, song, or genre. I usually use playlist. I also like to select the shuffle mode so the playback is in random order. By the way, you can also use voice activation to select playlist, artists, etc.

·
Registered
125 Posts
The display screen will let you browse by playlist, artist, album, song, or genre. I usually use playlist. I also like to select the shuffle mode so the playback is in random order. By the way, you can also use voice activation to select playlist, artists, etc.
That's cool but do you have to have a smart phone to do voice activation? I like dumb phones myself! Thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
I loaded a lot of music on an SD card (The C7 has a card slot). I loaded full CDs from Opera to the 50's and the great songs from the Vietnam era. Great sounds. The music played by Bluetooth from my iPhone sputters. It's annoying. I also use XM. Voice command is very nice. But it didn't find Norman Greenbaum's Spirit in the Sky.

61 - 80 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.