Stingray Corvette Forum banner
81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Are there any audiophiles out there that could give some suggestions to make our Bose 10 speaker systems better? Could you replace speakers, different or more powerful amps, or would crossovers be useful?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Are there any audiophiles out there that could give some suggestions to make our Bose 10 speaker systems better? Could you replace speakers, different or more powerful amps, or would crossovers be useful?
My 3LT convertible is undergoing an audio system upgrade this week. I'm hoping to get it back this afternoon. I've posted some information about the upgrade in the "audio gear question" thread. I'll make a more thorough report when I get it back. Unless they run into problems during installation, the plan is to use Focal K2 speakers plus two JLAudio woofers, an Audison Bit One processor, and two Audison Voce AV Quattro amps. It's rather expensive and takes a lot of labor, but I'm hoping the results will be worth it.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Just wait about 6-9 months for the audio houses to come up with some easy plug in harnesses that let you use any speakers/amps you want, where to mount them, etc. Subthump.com is a perfect example, they allowed me to pull the amp and speakers from my 13 camaro with plug in harnesses that kept at the functionality of the my link system, and use JL speakers and their amp.

·
Registered
952 Posts
instead of converting files to mp3, conivert them to .wav files..much larger files but may be better quality

·
Registered
952 Posts
you might check your manuals but I think the size of the flash card is limited to 64gb...still enough for a LONG road trip and you can make several and just swap them out...

·
Registered
406 Posts
You can put a lot of songs on a 64GB USB stick. When you rip them, use a high rate you if you can hear the difference then you're not paying attention to your driving!

·
Registered
878 Posts
You can put a lot of songs on a 64GB USB stick. When you rip them, use a high rate you if you can hear the difference then you're not paying attention to your driving!
Most of my songs are ripped in Variable Bit Rate between 192-320 Kbps. We are using a 32GB SD card in my wife's car. There are over 4600 songs on it, and is only about 3/4 full. That much music can get you all the way across country a couple times.

Reactions: JimLill

·
Registered
63 Posts
USB Flash Drive was the way to go for me. I was relying on an iPod at first but had issues with it not always syncing up when the car turned on. Spent maybe an hour to transfer all of my music to a decent sized flash drive and plugged it in behind the screen and now have no issues. The screen still organizes the music to browse through same as on an ipod too! I only have the 1LT 9 speaker system, but I have been impressed with the quality of sound from this setup.

·
Registered
305 Posts
OK I'm old and no geek. What is a thumb drive? why can't my mp3 player work through the usb port. The dealer told me to run a cable to the accessory port. I tried and it plays but you can't tell it what to play. I called the Chevy help line and the guy was a idiot. He kept telling me he doesn't know how to load music from a computer to the mp3 player. I kept telling him it works fine in my 2014 Ford so what's wrong with Chevy. The sales man at Wal-Mart said I can't transfer files from my mp3 to a Ipod. $80,000. and it can't play a cd or mp3. Did Corvette look at the demographics and notice the age group that can afford a $80,000. toy? They should include something with the car that works. If you load up this thumb Ipod can you use voice commands? Can I download the mp3 files to the computer then down load them to the Ipod?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Can I download the mp3 files to the computer then down load them to the Ipod?
Yes, you can download the mp3 files to your computer and then download them to your Ipod. I've been using my mp3 in my pickup for several years and bought an Ipod for the C7 and transferred the mp3 files from my computer music library to the Ipod.

·
Administrator
17,146 Posts
Just ripping cd's to a flash drive, happy with that, the sound quality is quite good.
Plan on doing that with 100-200 CDs in a few weeks to enjoy in RedHot.:cool:

·
Registered
952 Posts
First of all, I apologize for stating that you can use a 64 GB flash card; you can't...32 GB or less. However to get it to play all you have to do is to make sure it is formatted FAT32 and copy your music files from wherever they are and it will play them just fine. If you have an ipod or other music player, just plug it in and it will play fine; at least mine does...

·
Registered
952 Posts
For those of you who want to build your music library quickly and cheaply (free) get ROXIO (around $90). It has a "what you hear" function that will record whatever sound comes from your computer speakers, whether it is CD or Internet Radio (Pandora, Spotify or whatever). Then you can take your recorded songs and copy them to a flash drive or SD card and you are set to go. You can set the quality of the recordings etc to suit your taste. It also has lots of tools whereby you can enhance the sound etc ( a slight echo will take you back to the days of VIBRASONIC when we all had this in our cars). Some of you will know what I am talking about, I hope!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
They did not make a mistake not putting a cd player in. CDs have been obsolete for many years along with DVDs and soon blurays. This clears up space on the dash and saves weight as well.
CD's are NOT obsolete. They were an easy way to listen to your favorite music. This new technology SUCKS !!!!
Just got a C7 Vette, and I miss all the much easier features that my C6 had. If this is progress, I want NO part of it!!

·
Registered
878 Posts
CD's are NOT obsolete. They were an easy way to listen to your favorite music. This new technology SUCKS !!!!
Just got a C7 Vette, and I miss all the much easier features that my C6 had. If this is progress, I want NO part of it!!
Multiple CDs in a car with only two seats are a pain in the A##. I have a 64 GB SD card with almost 6000 songs on it. That’s equivalent to about 500 CDs. Saying “Play the Eagles” is a lot easier than getting a CD out of whatever storage it’s in, then loading it in a slot, and then pushing the play button. In the mean time, if you’re alone, you’ve either stopped paying attention to your driving, or have pulled over to accomplish all this.

81 - 100 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.