Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This just an exercise to give you (and who knows maybe GM an idea what enthusiasts want in a C-7?) the opportunity to build yourself a car as you want it without regard to option packages or trim levels. There are no rules in this, (well only 1) but to make it interesting and more realistic please try to stay within the options available for the: Base, Z-51, and the* Z06 cars (*you will have to guess on this one) You can delete anything you want, and just for fun you can add up to three items not currently on the known options list. Mix & match... Let's see what you might have selected if you could. Have fun with this!

This is mine so far:
LRG w/ cyber grey racing stripes- black rag top Kalahari int. maybe blk.
Base convertible w/ roll hoops & manually operated top
Custom door sill plates
Competition seats / not powered
Touch screen delete- analog gauges in its place
Base engine supercharged / no dry sump
7speed manual tranny
Z-51 sway bars
Z-51 wheels & tires without summer only tires
Standard diff.
NPP exhaust
AC- delete
Z06 grill
Four speaker radio w/ CD player ;)
Splash guards front & back
Z-51 wing spoiler
Other items to be added as I think of them or I see something one of you put on yours ;)

·
Registered
419 Posts
I would like to see a base C-7 with a decent radio with UBS connectivity; good HVAC system; analog gauges; and nothing else.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I would like to have the same loaded Stingray convertible but with a manual top. I really liked the C5 manual top. A manual top would save a few $s and concerns. I would like a absolutely perfect GPS and free upgrades downloaded the way Microsoft does my computer totally transparent to me. Other than that I am cool. Well maybe a pale yellow like the 66. My wishes could be an age thing. cutnout aka Charlie

P.S.--I bought Corvettes by sitting down with the options book and picking out each item--no or very little groups. Oh for the good old car shopping days.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I guess I'm easy to please. I built mine exactly as I wanted it and wouldn't change anything. Maybe the drink holder, that's it.

·
Registered
162 Posts
You really want the "auto" sensing wiper blades that expensive cars have! Its nice to have the wiper blades turn on when they sense water on the windshield!!!!!! That's what my Jaguar has and it is very nice.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
You really want the "auto" sensing wiper blades that expensive cars have! Its nice to have the wiper blades turn on when they sense water on the windshield!!!!!! That's what my Jaguar has and it is very nice.
I forgot that one. I had it on my 2007 Suburban but they didn't offer it on my 2011. cutnout aka Charlie

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Why? We never drive them in the rain. Don't you see all the corvette ads that say "never driven in the rain". :D

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Why? We never drive them in the rain. Don't you see all the corvette ads that say "never driven in the rain". :D
I drive mine in the rain but I don't like to. Charlie aka cutnout

Reactions: The Rock

·
Registered
378 Posts
I only wish you could get the option of no audio system, so you can outfit it with quality components.

·
Registered
699 Posts
My C7, Star, is equipped with LRG, 3LT, vert, Z51, kalahari /kalahari, microfiber trim, carbon fiber dash, chrome wheels. The only thing I would have liked is being offered in 2015. That's carbon fiber rocker skirts and air splitter. I added those when I got home. I really like the way my Vette is appointed. Oh yeah, one more thing. An oil catchcan and cleanside separator.

Michael

·
Registered
162 Posts
The C7 has a nice feature: wet driving selection; its just next to the ECO selection. :)

It's fun to spin around on the interstate but we now have that darn wet weather driving selector.

I actually used it yesterday and it was a pleasant drive.

C7 in the rain.jpg

Reactions: MYKZDRM

·
Registered
993 Posts
The only option I didn't get was the 5 coats of clear so I could do a proper color sand and polish.

Reactions: rdslon01
1 - 14 of 14 Posts