Stingray Corvette Forum banner

621 - 640 of 649 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
You should be able to get them from whomever you bought your can from. I know Elite sells them separately. Give Steve a call at Elite and see what he says.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
The quick-connect fittings (circled in red) can be removed from the OE hose and re-used with the Elite install (at least it was with my Elite can).
C7 PCV Hose Locations 5-1k (1).jpg

·
Registered
19 Posts
The OE hose that connects the PCV valve to the intake plenum already has a check valve (built into the quick-connect OE fitting). The quick-connect fittings are removed from the OE hose and re-used with the Elite install (at least it was with my Elite can).
OK, thanks. That makes sense.

So, where the OE hose connects the PCV valve and the port it's other end was connected to at the intake plenum... are these two capped off?

Surely they aren't just left open are they?

I think I'm understanding where everything goes, except for these two ports.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
OK, thanks. That makes sense.

So, where the OE hose connects the PCV valve and the port it's other end was connected to at the intake plenum... are these two capped off?

Surely they aren't just left open are they?

I think I'm understanding where everything goes, except for these two ports.
For the base (non-Z51) C7, port B connects to the can inlet, and port A connects to the can outlet. The circled connectors get re-used (in my Elite install) with the new catch can lines.
a_pro_look_7d066c2e82716384e77bcf25d6e9a61469f0410c (1).jpg

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
So the PCV hose remains in place as shown in the pic?
Sometimes a picture isn't worth 1000 words, eh? ;)

Let me try and restate it once more, so it is clear.

The Original Equipment (OE) hose is shown in the 1st pic below. This hose vents-off crank case pressure (and "dirty" air) into the intake manifold - this is the "heart and soul" of the PCV system. This hose is removed, as shown in the picture. The "dirty" air is actually a mixture of aerosol oil with other combustion products, which make it past the piston rings during normal combustion and into the crank case.

The two quick connect fittings (circled in red) are removed from this OE hose (per my Elite catch can installation).

These two quick connect fittings are then inserted into the hoses that come with the Elite catch can. The port A line (intake manifold) connects to the outlet port of the Elite catch can. The port B line (crank case vent) connects to the inlet of the elite can. This allows the "oily" air that is flowing from the crank case to be "filtered" in the Elite catch can before returning to the intake manifold. Comprende? :)
C7 PCV Hose Locations 5-1k (1).jpg
a_pro_look_7d066c2e82716384e77bcf25d6e9a61469f0410c (1).jpg

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm not referring to point A and point B at all...

I',m looking in the picture at the PCV Valve hose still being in place in that last pic.

I'll assume that hose stays in place like it came from the factory...

·
Registered
59 Posts
You are correct. The PCV hose stays.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Möbius that was an outstanding explanation as to how to install the Elite catch can hoses! Rocked...whom ever you bought your catch can from should have install instructions on their web site. I know Elite has complete install instructions on their site for all of their cans.

Reactions: Mobius

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
I'm not referring to point A and point B at all...

I',m looking in the picture at the PCV Valve hose still being in place in that last pic.

I'll assume that hose stays in place like it came from the factory...
Still not exactly sure which line you are referring to then, but if I didn't mention it in my description, it doesn't get touched. :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
The clean side hose takes the place of the factory hose that runs from the oil tank to the air box. There are two hoses that connect to the oil tank. Remove the one closest to the dip stick. The line runs to the front of the air box just below the radiator air duct. You will cap off the nipple on the oil tank. The clean side line will run from the replacement oil cap to that fitting on the air box.

·
Registered
59 Posts
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442330398.918399.jpg

I don't know if this picture helps but this is the completed installation of my Z51 type.

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
102 Posts
Installing my EE can today. Plan to keep all original parts in case I need to take it in to the dealer for anything other than oil change.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Installed my Elite Engineering X2 catch can with the 3 ports and 2 check valves along with clean side filter today in about 1.5 hrs. I take things very slow. Car has 575mi on it and it just had the first oil change yesterday at 505mi. I checked my coupler and throttle body and had no oil residue at all, so thumbs up that I broke it in well (not following GM recommendations but rather slowly increasing Load/RPM over the 500 miles). Instructions could be a bit better but are good enough to get the job done. If anyone has any questions, let me know. ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1442363046.311210.jpg ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1442363071.888722.jpg

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nice job!

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
My Elite can did not reuse the OEM quick connect fittings. They sent hose clamps.
That was also the way my kit was delivered, and there were no explicit instructions about re-using the OE quick connect fittings.

What I found was that if you just slide the new catch can lines over the two bare tubes on the engine (crank vent and intake manifold inlet) without re-using the OE quick connect fittings, the line that comes off the crank case vent has the tendency to "kink" (ovalize) due to the sharp bend angle it takes. Re-using the OE quick connect fitting eliminates this bend, since the fitting itself has a pre-molded bend.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I put enough slack in my hoses that they shouldn't kink but I will keep an eye on them. I still have the quick connects if I need to use them later. Thanks for the tip. I looked at them to see if they would come off without cutting but they don't so I left them in case I need to put it back to stock.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
I looked at them to see if they would come off without cutting but they don't so I left them in case I need to put it back to stock.
I was able to remove the quick coñnect fittings from the OE hose without cutting or otherwise damaging the hose - just twist and pull.

The fittings can be put back on the OE hose if needed.

621 - 640 of 649 Posts