Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is something that kind of surprised me, and I am wondering if this is universal, or just me...

I have driven my Stinger for over 570 miles now, and not once... not a single tiny little time.. has anyone actually challenged me on the road..

Don't get me wrong, I am not a road racer at all. I have never in my life owned a car that would be even worthy of any attempts.. But I certainly was expecting all kinds of people coming out of the wood works to take a smack at me...

I think the closest I've ever got so far was a big old Diesel truck next to me at a stop light saying how awesome the car was and requesting I do a burnout "just for him"..

Also, I am just discovering that one method of waving to another loud, v8 based rumble-maker car is to rev the engine real quick :) .. Mostly that has happened vette to vette, but a Mustang actually did it to me just today... I returned with a burst to 4k :) ... Is that just something around here, or is that universal too? - oh, I should note that, it is certainly not a race signal, because one of us is usually stopped at a intersection and one is passing, or both going in different directions... Never happens side by side or in the same direction..

I'm a total noob to all this horsepower ;)

·
1,406 Posts
I have been challenged several times. Motorcycles, rice burners, mustang. I just wave and carry on.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
699 Posts
I live in SoCal. I don't street race either. But I get challenged all the time. I have 6200 miles on her. It's amazing how many BMW's want to race. I mean it's ridiculous. I am having lots of fun watching them when I don't bite on the challenge.

Michael

·
18,670 Posts
Always count on those who don't have almost as much power as we do, to be the ones who challenge. I smile and let them do their burnouts as they beat me off the line. Have enjoyed more than few then getting pulled over in the next block, accompanied by rotating blue and red lights.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Sometimes, where I live, it seems like the StingRay is the car to challenge. That kind of makes me smile inside. Others think they know what we have.

Michael

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
I have never been challenged in 5800 miles of driving. Then again, I have dark tint, windows closed and just mind my own biz and never pull away from lights with any aggressiveness at all, in tour mode.

Fine with me.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I got challenged running at 75mph down the interstate by some late nineties Ford sedan with some kids in it. They drove beside me in the left lane and kept revving it and looking over at me for about 5 miles, before they finally gave up and took off like they were so cool and fast. I just smiled at my wife and said, "They think they have a fast car, I know I have a fast car, therefore I don't need to prove it." Restraint comes with age I guess.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts