Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Post your spray on sealants here...

If you want some great protection and a great shine and don't want to spend hours doing it, try this stuff. All you do is wash with a good product like Meguires Gold Class shampoo and while it's wet, spray the car down and dry it...you are done...give it 6 hours and take a look - protection for months...It's going on my car in the parking lot before I drive home 1200 miles...

Prima Hydro Spray Wax

BTW, everything I recommend, I have bought retail and used...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hydro is an excellent product. Been becoming very popular as a spray on and rinse off type sealant. Now, it does not last for many months, but it is a great month to month or every other month form of protection. If you are a fan of the CarPro products and looking to really keep your soon to be new C7 looking perfect and better than when it came from the factory I would look into CarPro's CQuartz Finest. Its not a product that can be sold to an individual, but finding a quality professional detailer who is approved to use Finest....now that is a way to really keep the C7 looking in top shape.

·
Registered
579 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Post your spray on sealants here...

There are huge levels of detailing, and I did not want to confuse this post with all that you can do_Obviously Cquartz and Opti coat are a great way to go, I use OC 2.0 every week on something. But I'm trying here to do a post for people who are deathly afraid of detailing but want something without buying orbitals, learning what pad and what products go into a real detail and paint correction. The spray on polymers after a wash are the easiest....in that category you have the CG product above, duragloss aquawax and hydro that I have used, all great and easy for the beginner with a new Vette.

I'll change the title ...Let's try to keep this to "spray on sealants" that are not QD's and EASY to get a good protection....

One of my mentors in detailing says "if it's easy, you'll do it often"...... so true....

·
Registered
579 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
There are huge levels of detailing, and I did not want to confuse this post with all that you can do_Obviously Cquartz and Opti coat are a great way to go, I use OC 2.0 every week on something. But I'm trying here to do a post for people who are deathly afraid of detailing but want something without buying orbitals, learning what pad and what products go into a real detail and paint correction. The spray on polymers after a wash are the easiest....in that category you have the CG product above, duragloss aquawax and hydro that I have used, all great and easy for the beginner with a new Vette.

I'll change the title ...Let's try to keep this to "spray on sealants" that are not QD's and EASY to get a good protection....

One of my mentors in detailing says "if it's easy, you'll do it often"...... so true....
Good point. I was more or less answering his question in terms of actual longevity and really keeping the car looking the best the longest.

As for someone who said V7, I have used a ton of that and its a great product, but does require a really good bit of wiping. It can leave a slight film on the surface if you use to much of it. Only last a few weeks, but is a great smelling product and does leave the paint looking extra glossy. Extra glossy if you have had it properly detailed.
Another good one if you like CarPro products is their Ultima Waterless Wash Concentrate. Optimum has one as well...but for the life of me I cannot think of the name of it. I will have to look it up. I think it might be Reload.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am a rinsless fanatic which is a whole diff animal - you're thinking of Optimum No Rinse (ONR) - but on spray sealants, Optimum's product is Opti-Seal....Another good one is Wolfgang spray sealant spritz....

·
Registered
58 Posts
I am a rinsless fanatic which is a whole diff animal - you're thinking of Optimum No Rinse (ONR) - but on spray sealants, Optimum's product is Opti-Seal....Another good one is Wolfgang spray sealant spritz....
Wasnt thinking of ONR, that is simply a QD. There is another product out there called Reload. As for Opti-Seal...I am not a fan of that stuff. Yes it is easy on application of a low grade sealant that looks good...but lose that spray tip and your screwed. lol

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wasnt thinking of ONR, that is simply a QD. There is another product out there called Reload. As for Opti-Seal...I am not a fan of that stuff. Yes it is easy on application of a low grade sealant that looks good...but lose that spray tip and your screwed. lol
you seem to want to correct everything here, so I'm done...ONR is far more than a detailer....and reload is made by CarPro....

·
Registered
58 Posts
you seem to want to correct everything here, so I'm done...ONR is far more than a detailer....and reload is made by CarPro....
Sorry, thought this was a discussion. If someone recommends a product, I as a professional in that industry, will give a professional and informed opinion. I wasnt thinking ONR and was thinking Reload. Simple as that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts