Stingray Corvette Forum banner

The Funniest Thing Happened on my Way Home From Work Today

5K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  Suzy Cruisy 
#1 ·
I became a C7 stalker.:p

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Did you exceed the sound barrier and go through Corvette mitosis ;);) :cool: ?

#3 ·
Does that mean you followed the other person until they pulled over so you could take pics? ;)

#6 ·
I think that the chrome wheels are the "Torque Directional Accessory" wheels that you find on all Premiere Edition Stingrays, both the coupes and the convertibles. All Premiere Edition Corvettes are Z51s with a variety (not all) of the options available.

#9 ·
Each person will have their own aesthetic preferences; that's why we seek to make our "unique" cars even more unique. The fork style wheels are beautiful, but so are the torque directional accessory wheels. I toy with the idea of buying a used set of the Black painted "fork" style Z51 OEM wheels so that I could have a secondary set of wheels to mount all-season tires so I can drive my Vette when the temperature is under 40 degrees. The pictures of those cracked tires (due to the cold weather) are kind of scary.

#17 ·
You do realize that the photo of tires with huge cracks in them was from a Chevy dealership in Calgary, Alberta. Temperatures in that area got down close to -30F this past winter. We have driven our C7 and my 427 convertible (tires have the same warning) in temps of 20-40F many times with no problems beyond low traction. Obviously, if you plan on driving in snow on a regular basis, all-seasons or even full winter tires would be appropriate, but unless you experience or operate in temps below 20F, don't fear the cracks.

#13 ·
Well, sigh, now that you've made me pay attention, I really like those torque wheels! Too bad we have to have Premiere to get them!

Great pics though! Sounds like something I would do! ;)

#14 ·
I think those wheels can be ordered as an option for Z51. However, they are very expensive (over 4k, if I remember well).

#15 · (Edited)
#16 ·
I thought those wheels were only available on the PE, but the build site shows them as a $4,440 option.

They can be bought separately.

$2999.99

Still, pricey!
Yes, pricey. When I was ordering my first Stingray Vert (which the dealer couldn't deliver with Z51 so I backed out) I looked at those Torque wheels and said to myself: "Those are great looking and unique, but I would never pay $4400 for them, ever." Well, in order to get a Z51 Vert, I ended up jumping on the PE vert and thought to myself: "He he, you got those wheels for free anyway." Ragtop, in another thread, called me back to reality by saying: "you paid for it". I guess I did and then some.

#19 ·
Yeah. The day we did our museum delivery, the low was 18F, although it was in the 30s by the time we left. The tires definitely lack grip in those temps. My wife, the main driver, takes it to work any day there is no precip forecast, including numerous days with morning temps in the 20s. No cracks so far. We just drive it in weather mode, which I understand increases the threshold on the ABS TC and active handling, to keep the sliding and wheelspin to a minimum. All just our personal experience, of course.

Got taken to task on another forum for stating info based on personal experience vs published info.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

Reactions: Lipstic and docjb
#20 ·
Fdxpilot: I never got called out on it, but I often add IMHO or IMO at the end of sharing my own anecdotal experiences. Just saying...

Reactions: Gyrsaker
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.