Stingray Corvette Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
7500 miles on mine and I still love it every single time I drive it. The most entertaining car I've ever owned. I don't think there's anything else I can afford I would choose instead. Not very many cars in any price range I'd rather have.

...the more I feel grateful to be living at a time when I can enjoy a car with this feature set.
Ain't that the truth. When you look at everything this car offers, it's incredibly amazing. 460HP in a totally tractable daily driver that can get 35 mph, cruise reliably, in comfort, all day long, haul a bunch of 2 people's stuff, and offer a reasonable complement of luxury features.

In the future, this will be looked at as the golden age of automobile performance. We won't have cars like this available to purchase for very much longer.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I've had a chance to read all of the posts on this thread and couldn't agree more with everyone's comments. I am a first time Corvette owner-never even drove one (even test drive) until I purchased my '15 DSOM. My decision to buy was based solely on YouTube reviews and recommendations of owners on this forum. All the hype was confirmed when I finally got to accelerate onto our local freeway on-ramp. I knew then that I was driving something special. This was confirmed when I attended Spring Mountain and every time I am able to romp around our local country roads. Sadly, I will be putting her into storage next week-I'll have 4 months to anticipate even better driving experiences in 2016.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The more I drive my C7, the more ............ I want to make love to my C7

·
Registered
765 Posts
  • The more I drive my C7, the more...........I feel like a rock star.

• The more I drive my C7, the more...........I realize that every other car on the road is ordinary in comparison.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The more I drive the more I like it! Oh yes! Oh yes! Oh yes! Can’t wait till spring when I take it out of storage!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Mine is a 15 Stingray and I bought it thinking my Wife and I would use it to replace the cross country trips that we had been making with Goldwing motorcycles. That lasted one summer and she decided that it wasn't comfortable enough for long trips. Last summer I decided the hell with it and I'll just sell it to a Dealer so I wouldn't have to worry about buyers coming back to me for whatever BS that may come up with. Car has 20,000 miles and the most any Dealer would offer was $34,000. So I decided I'd just keep it maybe do "some things" to it and we'll figure out something else for trips. :D
Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Tire Tree

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,616 Posts
So what I am hearing is that the "Goldwing motorcycles" are more comfortable for "cross country trips" which is interesting but I am not a motorcycle guy but always knew the Goldwing was a touring bike but just wouldn't think it would be more comfortable than a C7 going cross country. Learned Something New!

View attachment 279438

Mine is a 15 Stingray and I bought it thinking my Wife and I would use it to replace the cross country trips that we had been making with Goldwing motorcycles. That lasted one summer and she decided that it wasn't comfortable enough for long trips. Last summer I decided the hell with it and I'll just sell it to a Dealer so I wouldn't have to worry about buyers coming back to me for whatever BS that may come up with. Car has 20,000 miles and the most any Dealer would offer was $34,000. So I decided I'd just keep it maybe do "some things" to it and we'll figure out something else for trips. :D

·
Registered
231 Posts
So what I am hearing is that the "Goldwing motorcycles" are more comfortable for "cross country trips" which is interesting but I am not a motorcycle guy but always knew the Goldwing was a touring bike but just wouldn't think it would be more comfortable than a C7 going cross country. Learned Something New!

View attachment 279442 View attachment 279441 View attachment 279438
YOU tell my wife that !! :D I suspect that a lot of the problem was "climbing out of the damn thing". Btw, that looks like my GW.

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,616 Posts
The beauty with Corvettes is most of our wives or girlfriends HATES getting in/out of them so that also means you never have to worry about them wanting the car keys to drive it themselves. So guess what, that means you get to keep her all to yourself as the only girlfriend your significant other would share or allow you to have. 🤣

YOU tell my wife that !! :D I suspect that a lot of the problem was "climbing out of the damn thing". Btw, that looks like my GW.

·
Banned
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,698 Posts
In our 70's, no entrance or egress issues from both of us, we're a little overweight, have been doing the butt in first, sit, swing in the legs, then swing out the legs, stand and butt out. No putting legs in first. 😁

·
Registered
10,642 Posts
The beauty with Corvettes is most of our wives or girlfriends HATES getting in/out of them so that also means you never have to worry about them wanting the car keys to drive it themselves. So guess what, that means you get to keep her all to yourself as the only girlfriend your significant other would share or allow you to have. 🤣
Kyle, I don't think you have heard this story which I told years ago before you joined.

My wife claims that she can drive a manual transmission (supposedly her dad taught her when she was a teenager); notwithstanding that, she said the following when I was ordering my C7 in late 2015 (with a Feb. 2016 delivery date): "I think you should buy an automatic, because I might need to drive it in an emergency."

We hadn't been married as long then as we have now (duh), and I definitely didn't understand her as well then as I do now. I somewhat thought it was a hint. Nope, I now know that she was saying what she really meant.

I have tried to get her to drive the car ever since I got it, but the most I have been able to get her to do is drive it in/out of the garage and on the driveway.

·
Registered
10,642 Posts
You know my wife doesn’t like getting in and out of mine either!
I note that the C7 seating location/position can be inconvenient for someone wearing certain shapes and lengths of a skirt or dress.

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,616 Posts
Don’t we learn over time what they are really saying and mean 😳... The old Literally Speaking vs Figuratively Speaking LOL 😂

On that note, my wife drove the C7 once but she said I traumatized her because I was always saying don't do this or that such as pulling into a parking space with the bump stop because of the front splitter, getting in/out of the car because of the side skirts and she didn't want to relieve what happen when she drove my 95 C4 without me.

The C4 was in the garage with the targa top sitting in the hatch from the last time I drove it. I wasn't home or at work or something and it was a beautiful day and she decides she's going to drive it.

She starts driving and gets caught on the freeway when an unexpected thunderstorm hit and it starting raining so she pulls off to the side of the road to figure what to do. As a damsel in distress, a gentleman pulls off the road to assist her and she says she needs help putting the top on.

They get the top on and she thanks the guy and she gets back on the freeway and after about 5 minutes and picking up speed she joins the flying roof club as she nor the gentleman didn't thing to latch the roof down and thought you lay it up top.

The roof flies off and hit a car as it was rolling and flying down the freeway. Now, both she and the car that was struck pull off the freeway and get out of their cars and the gentleman was my nextdoor neighbor so what a coincidence. He had slight scratches on his car because the roof didn't have a direct impact. I paid about $400 out of my pocket to have a local shop repair his car. What are the chances of this happening to your nextdoor neighbor.

Fast forward, the wife doesn't have any interest in driving this car as she is scared that I was a young idiot and guess I responded not so nicely being younger and immature. She has driven this car once but says it looks to fancy and she doesn't want to screw anything up like in the 90's.

Kyle, I don't think you have heard this story which I told years ago before you joined.

My wife claims that she can drive a manual transmission (supposedly her dad taught her when she was a teenager); notwithstanding that, she said the following when I was ordering my C7 in late 2015 (with a Feb. 2016 delivery date): "I think you should buy an automatic, because I might need to drive it in an emergency."

We hadn't been married as long then as we have now (duh), and I definitely didn't understand her as well then as I do now. I somewhat thought it was a hint. Nope, I now know that she was saying what she really meant.

I have tried to get her to drive the car ever since I got it, but the most I have been able to get her to do is drive it in/out of the garage and on the driveway.

·
Registered
10,642 Posts
On that note, my wife drove the C7 once but she said I traumatized her because I was always saying don't do this or that...
My wife says pretty much the same thing. However, that didn't stop her from backing the truck up and into a shopping cart corral. It turns out that she fundamentally misunderstood the superimposed "back-up" lines in the rear camera display on the dash. Somehow she thought those lines indicated the side-to-side extent of where the vehicle would go, instead of only indicating the general direction.

She put a good scrape on the rear quarter panel all the way up to the apex of the wheel well...

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,616 Posts
Hilarious 😂

My wife says pretty much the same thing. However, that didn't stop her from backing the truck up and into a shopping cart corral. It turns out that she fundamentally misunderstood the superimposed "back-up" lines in the rear camera display on the dash. Somehow she thought those lines indicated the side-to-side extent of where the vehicle would go, instead of only indicating the general direction.

She put a good scrape on the rear quarter panel all the way up to the apex of the wheel well...

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
Just remember........................

View attachment 279439
Norm, I've been waiting for this official unofficial start of looking ahead to Spring!
Lots of snow has melted this week and rain is predicted tomorrow. Hopefully it will be enough to wash away the salt residue. In a few days it might be time to wake my beast from hibernation. 🌤

·
Banned
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,698 Posts
Norm, I've been waiting for this official unofficial start of looking ahead to Spring!
Lots of snow has melted this week and rain is predicted tomorrow. Hopefully it will be enough to wash away the salt residue. In a few days it might be time to wake my beast from hibernation. 🌤
Paul, the best of wishes for that happy occasion! You need it..........😁

21 - 40 of 43 Posts