Stingray Corvette Forum banner

221 - 240 of 1379 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #222
Congrats on the new Stingray! I'm still amazed that these vettes can hit 30+ mpg on the highway. That's just incredible for the amount of performance it has. I think your photo sums up how the entire US feels. I'm ready for spring!!

SeeMy7 said:
Waiting for warmer weather while resting under the Chevy outdoor cover.

Couldn't even scratch the surface on the car's potential on this trip. Got 31-32 mpg in the Eco mode. Once I was close to home, I put it in the Sport mode and it began making rumbling noises out the exhaust - didn't even have the performance exhaust turned on. Can't wait for summer!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Finally' after 3 months of waiting the AW is here.. I already put 200 miles on it in two day. LOVE IT

·
Administrator
14,879 Posts
Congratulations moC7- enjoy!:cool:

·
Registered
67 Posts
New here, but love my AW Z51 3LT!!! ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1392168978.298138.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Administrator
14,879 Posts
Welcome to our forum chopperpilot24- now you can add a rocket to your piloting skills :cool:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks! Home is now Northern Alabama. I'm rarely home as my work has me on travel most of the time, but when I'm home my C7 will be my DD. Definitely a love affair!

·
Registered
221 Posts
I've seen it before plenty of times, but why do the tail lights do that blinking thing?
The LEDs are blinking, despite being driven by the car's DC power. They are purposely being strobed:

"For many automobiles, the same set of LEDs illuminates both tail lights and brake lights. The LEDs must therefore operate at two different brightness levels: full brightness for braking, and 10% to 25% of that brightness (dimmed) for the tail lights."

Even if you didn't need different brightness settings (e.g. on headlight strips), it seems to be common to use a simple strobing circuit to achieve the desired (possibly regulated) brightness instead of having a one off LED designed specifically for the application.

Normally, this strobe effect would be at too high of a frequency to differentiate from a solid light, but the mismatch between its frequency and the camera's causes the flicker to be visible. Same concept as taking video of a TV/monitor.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Does anyone have a good picture of a white exterior, red interior, with the sliver Z51 wheels and red brake calipers? I'm trying to decide between leaving my order in for silver or switching and springing for the black. The popular option in this thread seems to be the black Z51 wheels, which look fantastic, but I'm thinking the silver might be not quite as overstated and also go well with the white.

This is the closest I found in the thread so far. I would love to see some more shots, especially ones with red calipers.

Thanks and everyone's cars look fantastic!

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's at Callaway right now and I should have it back in two weeks, 610 hp will be a treat.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
33 Posts
Recoto,

That is the exact car I was planning on ordering however I am having second thoughts about the black wheels with the black side mirrors and spoiler. Does anyone have a picture or is familiar with this exact same color combination but with the chromed split wheels??? This is going to be my daily driver so I do not need it to be super aggressive but I do want it to pop and be classy though I am ordering the comp seats. I have not had any convertibles to look at from any of my dealers so I am really going blind here. I keep waffling back and forth each minute thinking the chrome is best then looking at your car and thinking the black rims are best. I know I cannot go wrong with either but I would like to hear what you all think. Thank you for any help you folks can provide.

FOD

221 - 240 of 1379 Posts
About this Discussion
1.4K Replies
328 Participants
2vetteed
Stingray Corvette Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to the 7th Gen Corvette Stingray. Come join the discussion on performance modifications, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing