Stingray Corvette Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1379 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
What are your guys opinion on the optional black side mirrors and spoiler on an arctic white vette? That's what I've ordered and I'm starting to wonder if it was a good choice or not. Look wicked or tacky? Will I hate it after the first month? Hmmm. Anyways love to hear your thoughts thanks!

·
Registered
178 Posts
What are your guys opinion on the optional black side mirrors and spoiler on an arctic white vette? That's what I've ordered and I'm starting to wonder if it was a good choice or not. Look wicked or tacky? Will I hate it after the first month? Hmmm. Anyways love to hear your thoughts thanks!
I think it will look great! Are you going to tint the windows or have any other plans to complete the look?

·
Registered
463 Posts
I think it will look great! Are you going to tint the windows or have any other plans to complete the look?
I'll get tints for sure, I'm just not sure how dark. Do the windows come with any tint at all, some videos and pics look like they have tints already.

I would like to promise myself that I won't be modding the car, but that never works. What ideas do you have to help 'complete the look'? :p

Out of principle I've avoided the black roof option so far simple cuz 2k seems ridiculous but it might also look killer.. Afraid if I vinyl the roof on my own it'll look like shit though

·
Registered
658 Posts
Is the arctic white Z51 come with white mirrors and spoiler or black? I've seen it both ways in the pictures.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'll get tints for sure, I'm just not sure how dark. Do the windows come with any tint at all, some videos and pics look like they have tints already.

I would like to promise myself that I won't be modding the car, but that never works. What ideas do you have to help 'complete the look'? :p

Out of principle I've avoided the black roof option so far simple cuz 2k seems ridiculous but it might also look killer.. Afraid if I vinyl the roof on my own it'll look like shit though
I don't think it will come from the factory with actual "tint". It might have class that reduces UV rays, but that's probably it. I think they tint or shade in photo shoots to make the car look better.

A black vinyl rood might not be a bad option. $2g's is a lot for just that from the factory. Are you getting black or dark grey wheels from the factory? You could also tint or smoke the headlights and tail lights to really drive it home :)

·
Registered
463 Posts
I don't think it will come from the factory with actual "tint". It might have class that reduces UV rays, but that's probably it. I think they tint or shade in photo shoots to make the car look better.

A black vinyl rood might not be a bad option. $2g's is a lot for just that from the factory. Are you getting black or dark grey wheels from the factory? You could also tint or smoke the headlights and tail lights to really drive it home :)
Tinting the headlights could be sick! I'd want to look at the rear with Arctic White in person to see if I'd tint the tails, but most likely would.

I'm grabbing the black factory wheels.

·
Registered
658 Posts
The dealer that I ordered my black C7 from (that will have black interior and black rims), will be applying black tint to the windows prior to my picking it up.
Dennis, don't buy the tint from the dealer. Dealers tint cars in volume using less expensive tint, so you pay premium for cheaper tint. You would be better off having the tint done at a good tint shop and pay about the same price. The fact is that dealers aren't the best resource for any non manufacture parts or items.

Look into this tint...
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/ScotchgardAutoProtection/Home/AutoDealerships/Home/Products/WindowFilm/CrystallineWindowFilm/?MDR=true
It's not as dark as other tint but its theist protective. I put it on the front window of my wrangler ( it's almost completely clear and you can't tell it's on there visually) and on the front windows and its much cooler them my other cars. If you want darker, there are other choices.

Ask me any questions you have and ill help. My best friend works for 3m so I get honest advice and he's shoots straight about other brands as well. He won't say a brand is crap just because its not 3m.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Come on guys..... The other ugly colors are posting pics in their threads so let's get some pics flowing.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377990095.661540.jpg
Above is the direction the wife and I want to take in styling. Different wheels and different finish but I love the white lettering.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377990177.038698.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377990189.189336.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377990211.466570.jpg

·
Registered
50 Posts
This color combo is amazing. I ordered arctic white, 2lt, w/ nav, mag ride, exhaust, carbon fiber trim, black wheels and mirrors, red calipers w/ red interior. I kept the white top was going to go with the dual roof but figured I could always purchase the black roof later. Never owned a white car before, are they hard to keep clean?

·
Registered
463 Posts
We almost got the exact same order. I toyed with red seats only but got scared and bailed. Didn't get the exhaust either, hopefully the stock is alright.

I mostly have had black cars, which are double the work of white. White surprisingly hides the average dust dirt pretty well. Definetly more time between washes/detailing and hides little scratches and swirls better. Pretty hard to beat the look of a waxed cleaned black car though.

21 - 40 of 1379 Posts
About this Discussion
1.4K Replies
328 Participants
2vetteed
Stingray Corvette Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to the 7th Gen Corvette Stingray. Come join the discussion on performance modifications, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing