Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 804 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have told my dealer (chevy dealer not drug)I want the first one they get .Still too early for an official order but our company buys a lot of vehicles from them and they take care of me. Dealer is Blasius Chevrolet Cadillac in Waterbury Ct salesman is Vinnie Constantino he's great.My wive is not happy. My son and I have a 2010 SS Camaro turning high 9's and a 1986!Buick Grand National v6 runs 10.0 soon to be in the nines . Corvette will probably keep stock .......or maybe not! Depends how much money is left over after the divorce ( just a joke dear) in case my wife reads this post. Jim Maguire

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
I have told my dealer (chevy dealer not drug)...
Jim; I guess it's how you define the word? I expect this car will have more than a few addicts. Look's like a there will be a bunch hanging out here, myself included.:) A support group of sorts!

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Don't want the first year gremlins? :)

That's part of it. :) I just bought a new Cadillac ATS nice car but lots of gremlins. But I'm also using this time to save up and everyone knows dealers will either be marking these up or little or no discounts. It will be hard but I will wait.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Here's some tips - Any dealer can take a deposit. Any dealer can place an order. Does it mean a Stingray will be built? No.

In a few months when the dealers Order Guide Number (estimated allocation) is released, ask to see it. THEN, have them show you in the GM Global Connect system, the "View My Preliminary Orders" and the "View My Inventory: Placed" pages, for all the Corvette models..... IF they have an Order Guide Number of 3, and there are 18 orders in the system, then 15 people will be disappointed at Christmas when they still have no car built....Now it will get better after January 1 2014 for allocation, but 2014 will be a thin production year. Those waiting for 2015, will have a much better chance of not being disappointed by not getting a car in the 2014 model year.

"

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Here's some tips - Any dealer can take a deposit. Any dealer can place an order. Does it mean a Stingray will be built? No.

In a few months when the dealers Order Guide Number (estimated allocation) is released, ask to see it. THEN, have them show you in the GM Global Connect system, the "View My Preliminary Orders" and the "View My Inventory: Placed" pages, for all the Corvette models..... IF they have an Order Guide Number of 3, and there are 18 orders in the system, then 15 people will be disappointed at Christmas when they still have no car built....Now it will get better after January 1 2014 for allocation, but 2014 will be a thin production year. Those waiting for 2015, will have a much better chance of not being disappointed by not getting a car in the 2014 model year.

"
And one of the reasons I'm waiting for a 2015.

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Going to avoid ll the rush and wait until 2014. Any bugs should be shaken out by then too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This "wait for the gremlins to be gone" stuff is silly. I ordered an early C5 (SN 0579) and an early C6 (SN 0854) and BOTH cars were excellent. No problems. When Corvettes were produced in St Louis, the cars were shipped partially finished and the dealers completed the final assembly. But those days are long past. Hard to believe how long people hold onto outdated information. Oh well, makes the wait less frustrating for the folks who want the NEWEST OF THE NEW and the BEST OF THE BEST.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My dealer told me the 2015 Vette will not earn the Stingray Badge. It will just be an "ordinary" C7. Anyone have insider information about that?

·
Registered
8 Posts
My dealer told me the 2015 Vette will not earn the Stingray Badge. It will just be an "ordinary" C7. Anyone have insider information about that?
You need to find a new dealer, because yours is an idiot. NOBODY knows whether or not the Stingray badge will stay, but why on earth would the resurrect it for a single model year? Part of Corvette's continuing success is tradition. Last time, the Sting Ray name was sdopted in 1963 and continued into the late 1970's. The guy is just trying to get you to order a 2014 - which suggests that he is not a big Corvette dealer. Those already have more orders than they can fill during 2013.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
This "wait for the gremlins to be gone" stuff is silly. I ordered an early C5 (SN 0579) and an early C6 (SN 0854) and BOTH cars were excellent. No problems. When Corvettes were produced in St Louis, the cars were shipped partially finished and the dealers completed the final assembly. But those days are long past. Hard to believe how long people hold onto outdated information. Oh well, makes the wait less frustrating for the folks who want the NEWEST OF THE NEW and the BEST OF THE BEST.
This remark does not ring true for a good number of early C-5 and C-6 owners I have spoken with. If you believe that your early C-7 will be problem free, I wish you luck. This platform will be almost entirely new. As such it will have issues. With any luck these will be worked out on the mules now doing extensive road testing, but there will be issues. Let's just hope they will not be serious. I just hope they have a better idea / design for the harmonic balancer on the front of this LT1.

·
Registered
142 Posts
All I can go on is what I have seen in the past and the initial C3 (1968) entry in was problematic as was the C4's (1984) initial offering. I haven't been into the C5/C6 scene so someone else ca respond to that. The chassis is new, the engine is new and the whole body is new - I will wait - period!

·
Registered
174 Posts
I've been in talks with my local dealer, and am number 1 on his order list; says he'll let me know when I can place the order.

·
Registered
174 Posts
changed dealers - the one who said I was first on his list, never had a list - changed to a larger Corvette dealer who actually took a deposit from me when he added me as 2nd on his list - claimed he would be able to order a C7 no earlier than June, with delivery 6-8 weeks later.

1 - 20 of 804 Posts