Stingray Corvette Forum banner

421 - 440 of 478 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
"Natalia" had a nasty run-in with a GMC Sierra 2500HD, that decided to cut exiting the parking spot short, and drive over the driver's front end. Anbody got recommendations on a decent body shop / collision center that can do vette's? PS. The front wheels were straight when I parked her. The steering wheel was turned 90 degrees when I first looked in after the incident. The rear passenger tire caught the front drivers tire when the person was exiting the parking spot right next to me.
Wreck 08_30_2016.jpg

·
Administrator
16,301 Posts
Wow ChrisH that is really lousy- glad you were not in it at the time! Did the GMC Sierra stick around after hitting you? What does your dealer recommend (if they don't want to do it in their body shop)? Has it been up on a rack to see what the extent of the damage is to the steering, brakes, cooling, etc?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Wow that looks horrible. Sorry to see this happen to your beautiful car.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for the condolences. This happened in the parking lot where I work. Sad part, I know the owner of the truck as they are a co-worker, and they did report it to security at the building, who in turn notified me of an "incident" involving my beauty. They did stick around (since they worked there also), and we got all the insurance stuff rolling. She's sitting at Autonation Collision Center in Chandler, AZ (recommended by my service advisor from Autonation Chevrolet in Mesa, AZ which is where I bought her). The collision center states they have 3 of their techs that are corvette certified. Every review I've read about them suggest the collision center is top notch. My fiance' has a client who flips lambo's and jags as a hobby, and she is contacting their "guy" who does repairs for them. She is not comfortable with the "commercial" collision center in that she thinks I'm just going to get aftermarket parts and a sketchy paint job. I'm in somewhat of a quandry as to who should fix her? The person driving the truck, and their insurance has admitted full fault (since I wasn't even near her when she was hit), so I can basically take her where ever I wish. I was just looking for some suggestions and "gothcha's" that others might have experienced. Thanks for taking the time to read this lengthy post.

·
18,670 Posts
ChrisH, wow, ugly. We are all so sorry. Like the diligence you are doing for the right place to fix your car. Best of luck for that occurring quickly and also for yor car being in terrific condition and appearance when they are finished.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Very Sorry about your Accident.. You might know this but if you can make a diminished value claim with his insurance co. Being the car is that new..

Good luck on your repairs

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Chris, that is a mess!! At least your co-worker reported the incident right away and stayed to get everything squared away with you. The pickup's rear tire must have caught your tire and started to roll up on your fender and then the carnage was done. Hope that you get your C7 masterpiece back to 120% ASAP and back to wheeling around AZ.

SF
Rick

·
Registered
86 Posts
Reactions: Wolf's Stinger

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
As a new addition to my NRB coupe, I added bolt-on ACS wickers, specifically designed to mount on the Z51 spoiler. Very pleased with the fit and finish, hardware, instructions, and most importantly the look. They came in CFM to match the lower valance.

20160919_190343.jpeg
20160919_190413.jpeg
20160919_190442.jpeg
20160919_190756.jpeg

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Doggone it Rick, I told my wife just the other day that I was done with mods and now I see this. Hmm....
:question:

Reactions: NightRaceRick

·
Registered
105 Posts
ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1479089003.464528.jpg

Washed her this weekend. Thought this photo really captured the color difference in shade versus sun, as the sun started to peak out as I finished.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
View attachment 100378

Washed her this weekend. Thought this photo really captured the color difference in shade versus sun, as the sun started to peak out as I finished.
TXAg92, great shot and the changing color is really noticeable.

SF
Rick

Reactions: TXAg92

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Probably the last top to bottom detail of the season. After a beautiful day tomorrow, a possible wintry mix is coming Monday. She'll be undercover in the garage, but hoping for some scattered nice days to stretch her legs before the roads see salt.

20161113_120243.jpg

20161113_120345.jpg

421 - 440 of 478 Posts