Stingray Corvette Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It cost me my dream job,that's the main reason in my mind.I was one of the highest paid car guys in my area and rightly so given my age and experience .I'm 58 years old and the jealousy aimed toward me was unbelievable.from the clothes I wore,my watch my house with no mortgage and my beautiful daughter who will have a PhD in 2 years with no student loans.The Stingray was apparently the final nail in my coffin,lol .Too bad I had the first one in the area,and I paid cash Oh well the talk just wasn't worth it and I even hid the car at work I sold it because it just wasn't worth it and it loved my job.2 weeks after it was gone and after buying my daughter a new car on Tuesday I was fired on Wednesday .Yeah,the young punks were jealous ,let's see where they will be when they are 58.The truth comes out,but what a waste.

·
Registered
463 Posts
That's a very bad break. But if you're so rich as you're kind of trying to tell us why not keep the car and enjoy it in an early retirement? Hope their decision wasn't because you're starting to sound similar to Richardlord ;) I'm sure things will work out in the end. And let her pay for her own car, she'll appreciate it more! :)

·
Registered
579 Posts
I dont get it, Something seems off
Definitely wrongful dismissal .Highest paid car guys?? Ur a car sales man and 58 yrs old maybe you should go early retirement and enjoy your vette.

·
Registered
378 Posts
it's highly possible that he isn't really rich, and just puts his money into stuff that he appreciates. There are quite a few people I have seen that have a brand new Escalade, and live in a mobile home park.

·
Registered
242 Posts
So you were fired because you did well with your money and bought a car? It sounds like you should just work at another dealership if someone is so petty that they'd fire you because of that. Also, how would you get fired for pulling in huge sales? If I was a sales manager, I'd love you. I don't get it.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow,not rich by any means I just worked hard all my life and did not put my paycheck up my nose in the 80s.As far as my daughter goes if I had 1/4 of her medical problems over the years I would be jumping.Sorry I posted this ,should have known better.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I still don't get how your car made you lose your job.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Can't live like that dude, I'm 37, work with the public, own my own business, drive my stingray and my 911 turbo to work. Life's too short to give a f**k about what others think. Now you drive a Veyron maybe I could see it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Sounds like someone is blaming his car for his mis-fourtune??....my bosses are as excited for me as i am that mine is on the way...maybe there were other reasons for being let go other than your car???...i mean really?

·
Administrator
16,281 Posts
That's a shitty break. But if you're so rich as you're kind of trying to tell us why not keep the car and enjoy it in an early retirement? Hope their decision wasn't because you're starting to sound similar to Richardlord ;) I'm sure things will work out in the end. And let her pay for her own car, she'll appreciate it more! :)
Wow, you are right. This latest post sure reads like the appropriately banned Richardlord!

Reactions: zimm888

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
It cost me my dream job,that's the main reason in my mind.I was one of the highest paid car guys in my area and rightly so given my age and experience .I'm 58 years old and the jealousy aimed toward me was unbelievable.from the clothes I wore,my watch my house with no mortgage and my beautiful daughter who will have a PhD in 2 years with no student loans.The Stingray was apparently the final nail in my coffin,lol .Too bad I had the first one in the area,and I paid cash Oh well the talk just wasn't worth it and I even hid the car at work I sold it because it just wasn't worth it and it loved my job.2 weeks after it was gone and after buying my daughter a new car on Tuesday I was fired on Wednesday .Yeah,the young punks were jealous ,let's see where they will be when they are 58.The truth comes out,but what a waste.
Hey man, sorry to hear that.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
For those who are new here, Grandsport is/was one of the early members here, got one early then promptly sold it after a couple months.

The sale happened months ago, did the firing just happen? If it did I'm hard pressed to understand how a C7 owned last year lead to a firing in May.

Sorry to hear about what happened, hopefully you've got something else lined up.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
579 Posts
Can't live like that dude, I'm 37, work with the public, own my own business, drive my stingray and my 911 turbo to work. Life's too short to give a f**k about what others think. Now you drive a Veyron maybe I could see it.
Now you drive a Veyron maybe I could see it.. If your driving that you better not be working @ 56 yrs young.......... lmao

·
Registered
817 Posts
After over 20 years with a Fortune 50 company high tech business tanked. After the third round of layoffs I was laid off. It happens. It sucks. Feel sorry for yourself for a week or two, Control-Alt-Delete. And then move on.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
What you should of told your co workers that were jealous was if they ever heard of car payments? Yes you paid cash for it but that does not mean you have to tell them that......

Reactions: Mgorski
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.