Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was not quite 20, I was visiting with some friends, and one of them mentioned that his older brother was about to leave for a rock concert in New York state, and did I want to go? I was home (in Maryland) on leave after Army Basic Training, and en route to an advanced school in New Jersey. I was more concerned at the time about getting to AIT than I was going on a road trip with some guys I hardly knew, so I passed on the opportunity.

Hard to believe that was 50 years ago this weekend.

The good news is that some folks filmed the music festival and put together a movie of the event, which I got to watch the next year when I was in Vietnam.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, do you have regrets ?
No, I am a strong believer in never having regrets. Sometimes, though, the temptation to think about how one's life might have turned out differently leads to some interesting, if useless, fantasies.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
No, I am a strong believer in never having regrets. Sometimes, though, the temptation to think about how one's life might have turned out differently leads to some interesting, if useless, fantasies.
This eNtj totally agrees. There are a few moments in life where the slightest change in something seemingly trivial at that moment would drastically alter what your life would be like a few years later.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I have no regrets. I was out of the army for a few months serving in Vietnam. A bunch of my friends were going to the concert and left before me. A day later my girlfriend,now my wife decided to drive up. We left Long Island in the afternoon, the traffic going up was crazy heavy. After driving many hours ,it was late by them,we pulled over in someone's driveway to sleep. Woke up at dawn. I had a clear view of the road for a long way and I could see people stopping their cars on the road and leaving them and walking towards the concert. I thought to myself ,no way I'm walking with my girlfriend 5 or 6 miles plus I didn't even have tickets. The cars being parked on the road were getting to the driveway I was in and we made the quick decision to head back before we got blocked in. Having been to Vietnam, I was not about roughing it at the festival . I thought we could stay with our friends who had brought up large tents but realized we would probably never find them in this mass of people. We headed back to Long Island and the Hamptons to a house we rented with our friends who were at the concert. Actually after the concert was over and seeing the rain and mud, I was happy I did not make it all the way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts