Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,602 Posts
That is a nice read.

What happens if the car indicates 1-4 shift and you go ahead and put it into 2nd anyway?

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, you will not be able to force it. I am given to believe that this system is not as active as was the case with the C-6. In any case, by putting your foot into it a little more it will let you shift it as you please.

·
Registered
873 Posts
That is a nice read.

What happens if the car indicates 1-4 shift and you go ahead and put it into 2nd anyway?
Based on my C5 & C6 experience, if the 1-4 light is on and you shift out of 1st, you have two choices, neutral or 4th. As mentioned, accelerate a little quicker or shift later, and it won't be a problem. There is a throttle position range, as well as a speed range, where the 1-4 shift occurs. Exceed either one, and you won't get 1-4.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
758 Posts
First of all, you need to know that Tadge is a supremely cool and down-to-Earth guy who isn't afraid to speak his mind. He's funny, friendly, easy to talk to and willing to answer nearly every question (questions of a next-gen ZR1 did get him to tell me there's a "100 percent chance that it's possible")
It is funny to me that this is a vote of confidence in the next-gen ZR1. Remember that he is an engineer. Everything is possible... However it is the probability that is the deciding factor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts