Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has come to my attention that this car is so amazing that words can not always describe it or the feelings that it gives others. It requires an additional but simple gesture, the "Thumbs up".

These thumbs pointed towards the sky come in all shapes and sizes. I especially love it when parents slow down next to me so that their future vette owners(I mean children) can give me the " Thumbs up".

#C7lovedbyall

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
It has come to my attention that this car is so amazing that words can not always describe it or the feelings that it gives others.
Yes, this certainly seems to be the case. I generally encounter this most frequently at intersections.

I normally "announce" my presence as I'm approaching a light via ARM, typically in Sport or Track mode, which does tend to draw attention.

Depending on who is doing the staring/complimenting, I like to exit the intersection with a little wheel-spin, which is so effortless even at low RPM. After all, it is our responsibility to inform the public about the cars capabilities.:cool:

Soon (a relative term), as the number of C7s on the road increase (through model year 2015-2021?), the "wow factor" for the general public will diminish as they become more familiar and accustomed to the car.

Reactions: Ragtop and elegant

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I was on the PA turnpike and was approaching a Jeep Cherokee about a 1/4 mile before I caught him, he had his left arm out and fully extended with the thumb up! I was impressed that he had spotted me that far back behind him.

Reactions: Mobius

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
I remembered a story some time ago regarding getting the "thumps up" for the C7. A quick Google located it:

"So after admiring the 'vette's stunning new design, I grabbed my helmet and started on my way to Putnam Park (Putnam Park Road Course). This is when the attention started. Exactly four minutes after driving a cable service van pulled up next to me so that the driver and passenger could each give me two thumbs up, because steering is secondary when the new Corvette looks so cool. By the end of the hour-long cruise, I had lost count with how many thumbs I had seen pointed skyward. I couldn't even make it down the track's driveway without being stopped by a bright-eyed, grinning man in a C6 Grand Sport saying "So, this is it!". From article The C7 is like George Clooney

·
Registered
1,385 Posts

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
It has come to my attention that this car is so amazing that words can not always describe it or the feelings that it gives others. It requires an additional but simple gesture, the "Thumbs up".

These thumbs pointed towards the sky come in all shapes and sizes. I especially love it when parents slow down next to me so that their future vette owners(I mean children) can give me the " Thumbs up".

#C7lovedbyall
...but not to be replaced by "The Wave"! ;)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I get "The Wave" a lot too. I even give a thumbs up when I'm in my C7 looking at another persons C7

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
...but not to be replaced by "The Wave"! ;)
Chip at least for me the thumbs up have been from non-corvettes with the wave coming from corvettes only.

I give the wave or flash the lights for corvettes and smile and nod to the thumbs up people.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
The C7 to other performance cars would have to be Clint Eastwood, sitting at the intersection the Vette looks like it's saying, "make my day"

SF
Rick

Reactions: 2thdoc and Mobius
1 - 12 of 12 Posts