Stingray Corvette Forum banner

TheDriveChannel Gives a Less Than Positive Review of the New Stingray

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  torijona 
#1 ·

What do you guys think? Is this guy off his rocker, or is he right on? What do you guys think about the Rev Match Shifting?

#2 ·
I may be wrong, but the Rev Match option can be activated and deactivated. That is why it has that switch. So, basing hiw review on that and then comparing the car against a Ferrari seems quite inappropriate and makes the reviewer lose all credibility. That's just my take though.

I drove a Z06 years ago and thought it was too extreme for the road and saw the review made by Top Gear, and just makes you realize that some just hate on american cars and are not willing to see that american automotive engineering is at a new level nowadays. These guys will find anything wrong with the car to make their point.

What do you guys think? Has anyone driven a Stingray yet?

Attachments

#3 ·
You are correct sir.....the Rev Match can be deactivated for those who do not like it. And to jump on another point, asking has anyone drove it yet, I'm not sure if your going for this or not but, has the guy making this video drove it? I doubt it because I've seen this video before, a couple months back.

Attachments

#4 ·
The guy says "I love it when you hate me as much as you like us. It doesn't matter to me." To put it diplomatically, obviously he has thick skin.
As regards his opinion of the styling, I agree that some colors will make this car look better than others, but what else is new?
Will it be "paramount in how this car presents itself"? Color has always worked with/against body contours and has always been an emotional issue with the Corvette. I can't wait to see this car in the flesh in a variety of colors.
He talks about people rushing to replace the tail lights, but my first (and maybe only) styling upgrade would be to replace the round exhaust tips with maybe 2 two-into-one rectangular collectors. Four-into-four rectangular might be OK. There's nothing else circular happening back there, so GM's plan must be to "fix" this in a future edition.
Comparing Corvette to Ferrari has always puzzled me - go buy your Ferrari and drive to Monaco.

Attachments

#5 ·
Frankster,

Yes, it sounds like he didn't drive it. I, personally, will not be using the option since I like to feel the car and have complete control over it. But it may be useful to some that are not skillful at driving manual; with 460 horses many people would appreciate a little of extra help. I drove the Z06 and if you messed up, that was it (that's how it felt). I saw the video a couple of weeks ago and did not take it too seriously. The only guy at this point who I would truly trust is Jay Leno because I know for a fact that he drove it and he can compare it to previous models since he has them too.

BubbaGuppy,

The color can definitely change the appearance of the car. However, everybody is different and whatever looks good to us may look weird to others. So, the color is the least of the problems about the car. By him grasping from that, the rev match and comparing it to a Ferrari, he truly makes a fool out of himself. I used to like the C6, but this car is just unbelievable. There is nothing that can touch it below its price and up to $40K above the base MSRP; that would be GT-R territory we are talking about.

Anyway, found this and it seems like someone has been listening to your prayers ;)

Redline Motorsports Preparing Adrenaline Rush Package for the C7 Corvette Stingray

Attachments

#9 ·
I'm a little confused (or maybe he's confused?)... he says the rev match has to do with paddle shifters on the other cars mentioned... the paddle shifter is basically an automatic. The rev match feature on the Stingray is for the MANUAL transmission... the one where you "row" the shifter in the console for yourself. When the computer senses you moving to a lower gear, it accelerates the engine so when you let the clutch out, you don't get a sudden surge of engine slowing you down (takes the place of the road racers 'heel and toe' technique). Did he also say he'd like to see a dual disc clutch... Stingray HAS a dual disc clutch. And, as all have pointed out, it can be defeated by driver selection.

#10 ·
That's what happens when you make a review on a car you haven't even driven hahaha. It got me confused quite a bit when he said rev match and paddle shifter. I couldn't understand how the rev match would be even useful on an automatic car, but I shut my mouth since I haven't driven it; the reviewer should have done the same haha:cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.