Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a call from my dealership today about my order,I am buying from les Stanford.I ordered a 2015 Z-51,L-3, I want the daul roof,painted and clear.I was told that they are on constraint and was told not 100% on how long.The option cost $1,995.00 they told me they could get me a clear roof from the parts dept,and it is a GM roof not a aftermarket in 4 days? The price is $1,995.00,So why can you get it from GM parts but yet it is on constraint at the factory?So its a wash back $1,995.00 out of the price and than pay parts $1,995.00 samething and don't have the constraint problem,am I missing something?

·
Administrator
16,497 Posts
My guess is that one of a couple possibilities occurred with your dealer: they already had a 2014 transparent panel in stock or someone had ordered and received the dual roof option and then decided they did not want it so traded/sold it back to the dealer. Hence the dealer has one while those on the production line may be waiting a shortfall on the transparent panel at this time. Since it would be a wash, I see no reason to not go for it.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Jeff,

They said they could get it in 4 days, that implies ordering from GM parts.

What I really suspect is the transparent roof isn't what's causing the constraint, it's the painted CF roof that's part of the package that's holding it up and to allow more "stock" cars to be built they constrained the dual roof packages.

There seems to be an unlimited supply of the transparent roofs.

·
Registered
10,545 Posts
toccitrucking, there is a lot which could be written on this topic. If you want way too many details, read a lot of history in the following thread, especially post #1016:
http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum...89-constraint-updates-post-info-here-102.html

The bottom line is what they are telling you about being able to get it one way but not another is completely true. Like jsvette said, it is essentially a wash to you, so at some level it makes sense to just do it.

However, they price they are offering to you for the transparent roof over the parts counter is not discounted as much as some others have been able to obtain. However, why quibble about $200-$300 when they are really telling you the truth and offering helpful solutions, especially if they are going to assemble the transparent roof for you at no additional charge?

·
Registered
10,545 Posts
Jeff,

They said they could get it in 4 days, that implies ordering from GM parts.

What I really suspect is the transparent roof isn't what's causing the constraint, it's the painted CF roof that's part of the package that's holding it up and to allow more "stock" cars to be built they constrained the dual roof packages.

There seems to be an unlimited supply of the transparent roofs.
This is correct. Also, since Les Stanford is so big, they can get CFA, but NOBODY can get C2Q as it is at a 0% constraint.

The really interesting point is that GM has combined the C2Z and C2M into one constraint, but did not combine CFA and C2Q. Why!?! I offered a guess in post #1016 in the constraint thread, but it is just that: a guess.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts