Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was a little curious to learn how far you owners are into mastering the manipulation of the of the C7 dash displays and infotainment system? I understand that many of you have your cars tucked away awaiting on some moderating weather, but I suspect you have had time to climb inside and try your hand pushing buttons. I must confess that being an "old analog dog" the dash on this car looks pretty intimidating to me. Having said that, it does appear that as Glen points out in the "how to" thread that you need to just sit in the car with the owners manual and work with the system until you "get it". So how are you doing with this process and how much of the info. that this system has to offer do you expect to use on a day to day basis?

·
Administrator
16,490 Posts
I played with the options and alternatives a lot in the beginning until I found what I like for daily driving. I still go back in and pull up some alternative information and views when a situation dictates it. Most of the time I just focus on the HUD which I have showing my speed and tac ( I still wish it was possible to have not only your actual speed but also the posted speed show in the HUD as it does on my XTS). At this stage I am pretty comfortable using the rocker switch to toggle through alternative information when I need it. As for the infotainment system, that is another story. I have not spent much time playing with it nor using it while I am driving other than for the NAV display. My primary audio is the sweeeeet sound of her V8. :cool:

·
Registered
445 Posts
If it ever gets above freezing here, I'll sit in the car and go through the settings and such.
Maybe I can get to drive it in a few weeks.

·
Registered
10,542 Posts
Hey Chip, when my wife got her new Cadillac, it had a lot of options and settings in the CUE infotainment system. Our approach was to just start at the top menu, on the first line, go down in there, select the first item there, and keep going down until we had explored and set everything there. Go back up one level, go in the second option, etc. In that way we visited EVERYTHING, and it felt as if it took less than an hour. Once our settings were as we liked, we never had to fiddle with them anymore.

Glen is right: just explore. All I would add is explore with a methodical approach so you don't miss anything. Also, I don't think there are any "wrong" answers, and if it turns out you don't like the characteristics of a particular setting, you can always try that option a different way at a later time. Keep changing until you are happy. Then you are done and can forget all about it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've probably spent more time customizing these systems than anyone on the forum. Not intended in a smart a$$ way.

I spend a minimum of an hour teaching "class" on these cars with new owners. If you have a question about setting something up, post it up here. I'll do my best to keep an eye on this thread.

·
Registered
10,542 Posts
Wow, it is teriffic to have such a resource on the forum!

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've probably spent more time customizing these systems than anyone on the forum. Not intended in a smart a$$ way.

I spend a minimum of an hour teaching "class" on these cars with new owners. If you have a question about setting something up, post it up here. I'll do my best to keep an eye on this thread.
This is good to know, thanks! I'll re-post this video here so that questions might be framed to the instructions given in the video and referenced to the time stamp on the video. By the way, this and other how to videos are posted in the "How to" forum. Crawler, if you see something in the video that needs correction or expansion please fell free to let us know.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Chip, great thread, I will be reading and learning a lot from it!

SF
Rick

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have found it to be pretty easy, but I agree that using the manual as well as playing with it, it is easier and to me makes more sense. But I haven't figured out how to get the doors to auto lock when you walk away, like my 2008 Z06 (sold). She will be having visitors so I had to stop playing for now. She's only 24 hrs at her new home!! He he he I'm such a happy girl! ;>)

Barb
AW, jet black int., 2LT, carbon flash hood stinger stripe & spoiler, exposed carbon fiber roof panel, red calipers, chrome 5 spoke, performance exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

Reactions: Werk-it

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here is another How to Dash video. This one made my head hurt. Folks let's keep this thread on topic please...

·
Registered
64 Posts
I would like to see more custom applications. For example, it would be nice to pick your theme for each driving mode. As an example, you can choose open exhaust for all modes or have it adjust to the different modes as programmed. I would like to pick the custom view, steering, exhaust note for each driving mode. I don't like the view in touring and prefer the dash view in Sport. If I choose to leave it in sport, have to change back to driving mode selection in track for the cool tack view. Would be even cooler if you could create personal icons such that you could program these values and switch to them with a simple touch of the screen. That would allow me to quickly switch from open exhaust note, tight steering, Sport view to any combination I created while in any of the driving modes. This way, if I'm driving on the interstate in touring or Eco mode, I could touch one of the App buttons and change to the quieter muffler or the softer steering. Perhaps they will provide this in future releases of the software.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a question for you owners: After you have taken the time to set your dash as you like it, are your preference’s saved until YOU edit it, or does it default to factory setting the next time you start it?

·
Registered
993 Posts
I have a question for you owners: After you have taken the time to set your dash as you like it, are your preference’s saved until YOU edit it, or does it default to factory setting the next time you start it?
Mine comes up the way I had it when I shut the car down.

·
Administrator
16,490 Posts
Stays as you have set it.

·
Registered
475 Posts
This is good to know, thanks! I'll re-post this video here so that questions might be framed to the instructions given in the video and referenced to the time stamp on the video. By the way, this and other how to videos are posted in the "How to" forum. Crawler, if you see something in the video that needs correction or expansion please fell free to let us know.

Thanks

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have found it to be pretty easy, but I agree that using the manual as well as playing with it, it is easier and to me makes more sense. But I haven't figured out how to get the doors to auto lock when you walk away, like my 2008 Z06 (sold). She will be having visitors so I had to stop playing for now. She's only 24 hrs at her new home!! He he he I'm such a happy girl! ;>)

Barb
AW, jet black int., 2LT, carbon flash hood stinger stripe & spoiler, exposed carbon fiber roof panel, red calipers, chrome 5 spoke, performance exhaust.

From the home screen select "Settings"
Then "Vehicle"
Then "Remote unlock, lock, start"
Then "Passive Lock"

In that screen you can select how you want the car to lock.

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
112 Posts
Got it, thank you!

Barb
AW, jet black int., 2LT, manual, carbon flash hood stinger stripe & spoiler, exposed carbon fiber roof panel, red calipers, chrome 5 spoke, performance exhaust.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Accessing the favorites was driving me "crazy". Then I read swipe upwards on touch screen to access 6-10, 11-15 etc. I do love the key fob holder under the steering column. I've had mine less than a week and already have a small scuff on top of the console next to phone charger plug (stupid). Any recommendations how to fix?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Got it, thank you!

Barb
AW, jet black int., 2LT, manual, carbon flash hood stinger stripe & spoiler, exposed carbon fiber roof panel, red calipers, chrome 5 spoke, performance exhaust.

Something to keep in mind about activating passive lock. On all models, it will set the door intrusion alarm. On a 2LT and 3LT, that will set the advanced alarm as well. One of the features of the advanced alarm is the interior motion detection system. So, If you walk away from the car (at a gas station for instance) and someone is in the car. If they move around, the alarm will go off. Another member has already experienced this. So, if you're walking away and have someone in the car, either leave the fob behind; or make sure to press the bypass for the internal alarm sensor on your left knee bolster next to the trunk/hatch release.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Oh wow! That's great to know!! Thank you!

Barb

1 - 20 of 20 Posts