Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The 2014 Corvette Stingray looks like a sure-fire hit. It’s got knife-edge sharp bodywork, a powerful and efficient new small block V8 engine and a classy interior that looks worthy of the car’s $50,000-plus price tag. There’s also a gaggle of high-tech goodies that includes twin 8-inch digital displays in the dashboard, an active suspension system and a driver mode selector that adjusts a dozen of the ‘Vette’s systems to fit conditions ranging from wet weather to track racing. The little knob on the center console that controls it promises to be one of the Stingray’s best features.
Unfortunately, the worst one is right next to it. There, you’ll find a small lever with a “P” on it that activates the electronic parking brake. That’s correct, the seventh generation Corvette doesn’t have a handbrake.

Read more: This is the worst thing about the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray | Fox News

·
Registered
9 Posts
I get what your saying, yea it is unfortunate, But it probably saved GM a lot of money of Designing, engineering.. etc a all new "handbrake".. lol. plus they probably ran out of room to place it, so why not think of something new and put a "Parking brake" which is only found in automatics, and put it into a manual drive car for the first time.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
I wonder what happens if it is used and you have a electrical / ECM issue? How will you release it? As I recall the early C-6's had battery issues because of the demands made on the car's electrical system while the car was parked. Look like this platform will have even more.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I wonder what happens if it is used and you have a electrical / ECM issue? How will you release it? As I recall the early C-6's had battery issues because of the demands made on the car's electrical system while the car was parked. Look like this platform will have even more.
I'll bet there is a manual over-ride somewhere hidden if you need it in an 'emergency' -- no pun intended ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not sure why this is a "Bad Thing" unless you plan on drifting?!
We have this feature in our new BMW 650i and I do not find this to be a negative. But rather like the functionality.
In San Francisco we have a lot of hills. Ever try to release a pb on a really steep hill if it's set to hard? It's a pain lifting the lever enough to engage the button and release the brake arm. This completely eliminates that frustration.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I like it. The handle always sticks up in the way on my ZHZ.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts