Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
From Criswell Chev in G-burg MD, I have a "Configure New Vehicle: Summary" and a receipt for deposit.

OK, salesman is a nice fellow and we are working on this deal from out of state (me). A deposit has been placed, however the allotment has not came forward for the dealer's recent batch or orders. I'm number 35 in some sort of suspend file waiting for allotments. He stated the dealer gets about 500 a year, they have sold 300 so far, round numbers. Dealer gets anywhere from 8 - 10 allotments a week. So by my figuring, the order should be place by another 3 - 4 weeks.

Question? Do I know what I'm talking about? Does the salesman know what he's talking about. :)

Appreciate if you ordered vehicle veterans here can enlighten me. Thanks.

View attachment 5428

View attachment 5429

View attachment 5430

courtesy postimage.org

·
18,670 Posts
Norm, Criswell has about 500 annual allocations and is a totally reliable, responsible and honest dealership. All those numbers seem accurate to me.

·
Registered
9,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Norm, Criswell has about 500 annual allocations and is a totally reliable, responsible and honest dealership. All those numbers seem accurate to me.
Thanks for your insight, just a waiting game now. :D

·
Registered
9,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My local dealer, Townsend Brothers Chev (who I really wanted to purchase from) just informed me that they got one Z51 allotment today and asked me if I wanted it. That's a no brainer, of course yes, they put it in the pipeline today, about 8 weeks.

Had already explained to Criswell that this was a possibility if Townsend's unknown allotment came before theirs, I have to back out. Criswell completely understood, there was no order anyhow, too far behind (#23) just to place the order. Criswell, good folks to deal with.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Norm, Congrats. Remind the dealer not to wash it when it arrives on the truck.

SF
Rick

·
Registered
9,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got it, thanks. They will call me before it comes off the truck, so I can "supervise" the offloading evolution.:D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sorry for being ignorant but does the not washing have to do with the stripe? Curious b/c I order the full racing stripe too.

·
18,670 Posts
Nothing -- just as you suspected. However, some dealerships reuse wash water over and re-use old dirty rags, and, consequently, more than rarely add surfaces scratches into the paint when doing the initial wash. Conversely, many excellent dealerships know exactly how to properly wash the car.

I too will be there with my two buckets when mine arrives, with my brand new microfiber wash mits, and my new dry rags and will do the initial wash myself at the dealership -- something they already know and appreciate (less work for them).

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Nothing -- just as you suspected. However, some dealerships reuse wash water over and re-use old dirty rags, and, consequently, more than rarely add surfaces scratches into the paint when doing the initial wash. Conversely, many excellent dealerships know exactly how to properly wash the car.

I too will be there with my two buckets when mine arrives, with my brand new microfiber wash mits, and my new dry rags and will do the initial wash myself at the dealership -- something they already know and appreciate (less work for them).
Hmm... that's interesting to know!

Congrats Norm!

Reactions: Norm

·
Registered
9,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's delivered with a cover, so I'll see how dirty it is at arrival. Besides the normal delivery prep, I just may take it home and detail it myself. I have a lift in the "clubroom", this way I can familiarize myself with all the nooks and crannies, and besides, I've got some prepping to do for the extra smaller red stripe to go along side the racing stripes, no I don't need any extra waxes or detail chemicals on the finish.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts