Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate to acknowledge this but I pulled away from my order in lieu of the wife giving the go ahead for the C7 Z06 or whatever they officially refer to it as. It's been a nail biting experience as I am so damn full of anxiety I can hardly stand myself waiting for the REVEAL!!!

Till then I will patiently wait.........ugggggg.:D

~The Maverick~

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the moral support elegant! I hope the HP/TQ numbers are as close to being accurate as the 620/650 posts state. If so it's going to be pure bliss with WOT and a open straight away ;-).

·
Registered
817 Posts
Instead of paying 40k to 50k more on a Z06 take less than 20k and add 200 hp with different packages out there. Less money, available in convertible.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum
Admittedly an attractive alternative. But, it's a bit of an apples to oranges comparison. One is a modified car with a "maybe warranty" that will not hold its value well. The other is a factory car with a factory warranty that will always be worth more than the modified alternative.

What has me on the fence is how long, if ever, until a "ZR1" (i.e. significantly more hp) comes out and I cry that I did not wait?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Well the simple way is to buy a Z06 and whenever a ZR1 comes out just sell the Zo6 and get the Zr1.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited by Moderator)
I want the "Factory" and "Hand Assembled" version of the Z06 which is put together by well heeled engineers - not some aftermarket folks - and a REAL WARRANTY. I have 100K to spend so I want to have a factory Stingray Z06 - and I shall ;-).

·
Registered
817 Posts
Well the simple way is to buy a Z06 and whenever a ZR1 comes out just sell the Zo6 and get the Zr1.

Very true. But, I'm not so sure I want to open my wallet twice for that amount of coin 1 or 2 years apart.

I see an interesting dilemma that may develop. Lets say the new Z06 is 625 hp and 650 torque (or whatever numbers close to these). What will it take for the following C7 performance variant (ZR1) to sell? Say 700 hp plus. At least. (Heck, a few small upgrades could bump a 625 hp motor to something approaching that power level.) Would the car be able to utilize such power in a meaningful way? I LOVE powerful go fast toys, and have had a handful of hand built motors and suspension improvements in my years. And even with that wonderful disease, I question if we are approaching the point it becomes a waste without some advancement to put that kind of power to the ground.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I want the "Factory" and "Hand Assembled" version of the Z06 which is put together by well heeled engineers - not some aftermarket folks - and a REAL WARRANTY. I have 100K to spend so I want to have a factory Stingray Z06 - and I shall ;-).
You and me both. There is a very real difference between factory and aftermarket. I've had both, many times over. With the possibility of a few minor tweaks here or there, I'm going factory fresh and leaving the darn thing as is.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I would love a Z06 but I know I won't be able to afford it :(

·
Registered
873 Posts
I would love a Z06 but I know I won't be able to afford it :(

That's OK. You've been driving cars just fine for many years without a supercharger. Nuff said.

Reactions: longhornstingray33

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You and me both. There is a very real difference between factory and aftermarket. I've had both, many times over. With the possibility of a few minor tweaks here or there, I'm going factory fresh and leaving the darn thing as is.
This will be my very first - so I want it to be a JEWEL! I have sacrificed buying other people shit since I was 18 - [buying cars for women] and not getting me what " I WANTED ", because I am not selfish. Now after my military stint, police stint, and divorce - whew headache yet? lol - new wife of 5yrs whom is THE SHIT - bought her a 2012 RAM 1500 - extensive motor work - bulletproof glass - I know a little eccentric but that's just me - and now I get to own what " I WANT " - very humbled and excited - hell I am excited for those who have the new Stingray.

Just a lot of lessons in life and makes you appreciate things no matter what they are - if you like it then roll with it. Long as you got your priorities in line then it's good to go.

Sorry for the rant.

~The Maverick~

·
Registered
35 Posts
My plan is to keep the Stingray until fall of '15 or longer and locate a low mileage Z, and save 10-15 thousand or more. I said I would never buy another New Vette, the Stingray made me change my mind ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts