Stingray Corvette Forum banner

Thoughts on Carbon Flash mirrors and spoilers?

13K views 29 replies 16 participants last post by  CK_Bladesmith 
#1 ·
I'm not seeing a lot or any discussion on this option. I'm interested in getting input from peeps who've gotten it as well as any warnings against it.

I've ordered my Cyber Grey Metallic coupe Z51 (7sp) with black wheels and the CF mirrors and spoiler. I like the way it draws out the CF vents and the more ominous look of the black highlighting in general.

I'd also consider blacking out my badges but not committed to that yet.

Reactions: Red-Ray
#2 · (Edited)
I'm not big on the rear spoiler at all in black. I like the lines of the new Stingray without the spoiler, looks more like the early Stingray. That said, I do like the look of the carbon flash mirrors and wish I could get it with the Blade Silver I want. I think they would look great with the carbon flash full body stripes. Since I'm waiting for the 2015 model, maybe they will make them an option separate from the Z51 package, which I don't want.

#4 ·
I can relate on the spoiler. I am a convertible guy inside and out but gave up the ragtop this time around because the coupe lines were too amazing to loose. I feel the spoiler does interrupt this some, but was a compromise I was willing to make for the rest of the performance package.

#5 ·
I personally like it. To me, I like how the black spolier "frames" the rear end in black. I like how the body-colored spoiler looks, too. It is really close for me, with a slight nod to the carbon flash spoiler.

#7 ·
Wow! Yes, that's the look I'm going for. Wish I cld afford those wheels, very radical looking. I do like the blacked out badge on the back. I wldnt remove the Stingrays though, I like them. I wld just black them out.

Where's that pic from, got a link? I'd like to see more views of it.

#9 ·
@glen e - like yours too. Ur flags look totally blacked vs the other where it looks like they just blacked the chrome - or is that just the shadows in ur pic?

Are your windows darkened, I'm thinking I'll do that too.

#11 ·
Ordered it in my crystal red tintcoat with black rims and CF roof. With all the black accents on this car, I think the carbon flash mirrors and spoiler just adds to the look.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

#14 ·
Emmdmd, do you have pictures to share? Thanks!

#13 ·
I ordered mine, TR with black wheels and CF mirrors and spoiler (major disagreement with hubby as he wanted chrome wheels and TR mirror and spoilers) He thinks I am overdoing it...but I think with the CF stinger stripe the car screamed give me CF mirror, spoiler, and black wheels. I also have the transparent roof which looks black from the outside...ordered CF but dropped it to push the order through and after sitting inside one with transparent roof glad I did. I pick her up on the 7th so I will let you know what I think in person...

#19 ·
Here is my example of Crystal red with carbon flash racing stripes, mirrors, and spoiler. I absolutely love the combination after I got it. I was unsure until I saw it in person. I love how the cf helps contrasts the c7 along with the vents.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

Attachments

#22 ·
Beautiful Car! I'm biased though. That's my car minus the stripe and add a CF roof. TPW 1/27/14,,,,,

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

#24 ·
I realy want the Spoiler to be Carbon Flash but not sure about the Mirriors,

#26 ·
"How hard is it to do?"

That can be answered several ways, it could be a cakewalk or it could be damaging...what is your knowledge base? Do you have trim tools, do you know how the door comes off, knowledge of the electrical connectors?

It's not hard at all if you understand the fasteners and where things are affixed....go slow and both the door panels and rear end come off easily with the right procedures...miss a few hidden bolts and pop fasteners and it's real frustrating....also be careful with the trim itself, a door with pry marks in the leather and plastic look terrible and stay with you.

#28 ·
My torch red Z51 has the black mirrors and spoiler. I think it accents the black wheels and the carbon fiber top. I agree that it only works with certain colors, red is one of them. Now that there are more C7s on the road the reaction I'm getting is positive as well. People are saying things like I've seen other new Corvettes in red but what's different with yours? When I mention the mirrors and spoiler they understand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.