Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Ladies. I know there are quite a few of us sprinkled in amongst the guys. ;)

Although we can participate freely and the other threads talking about the cars, I figure they wouldn't want to talk about purses or other enthusiast girl stuff. So, I decided to start a thread!

I got my own personal accessories in the mail yesterday and today, and I'm so excited I wanted to share.

Do any of you have Harvey's Seat Belt Bags?

I think they're such a cool idea to wear on 'car activity' days, like car shows and scenic driving days.

On an every day basis, I have a big backpack purse, but it doesn't really fit in the Vette well because it is too round and flies around ;), so I wanted something smaller and flatter.

I ordered the mini-messenger original Harvey's bag in Indigo. I will use this most of the time. The color I wanted was only available at Harvey's itself, as it is a newer color. (It is solid navy although their pics make it seem two-tone. Depends on how the light hits it.)

I also wanted a black and white checkered one, for race days, but Harvey's isn't doing that style right now. I bought a Bags-mart seatbelt bag on Ebay, and it seems to be just as sturdy and cost a lot less. So, I'd say those were an option too if you like a color they make. Of course, once I use these a few times, MAYBE they'll seem less sturdy. Seat belts in general are so darn tough though, I can't see how it would fall apart faster. It is still double-stitched. But at first glance, that less expensive one seems OK. Love the checkered!

Checkered 25 percent.jpg Indigo 25 percent.jpg

Heading to the race to see the C7-Rs at Laguna Seca tomorrow! Can't wait.

Please chime in and introduce yourself and show pics of any car related girl stuff if you've got some! Wearing my girls only bling t-shirt for the pics too. If you buy one of those, warning that the sizes are truer than you think. Normally 'girl sized' t-shirts are tight and small, so I ordered 2 sizes bigger than I normally get and it WEARS big. I'm washing it over and over in hot water though, so it is improving!

Cheers,

Reactions: abshapiro

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
TTT for the ladies! :)

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks Sallye.

Wore the blue bag all day today at the races. It was good except when wearing it across the body like I show in the pic, it cuts into my neck a tiny bit like a regular car seat belt does. I might have to get a fluffy thing. LOL! ;) Still love it though. It got pretty dusty and it wiped right off!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I virtually never wear "brand" stuff, even Corvette things. However, when I went to pick up my c7, the store at the dealer sucked me in. Plus it was only 46*, and I wanted to ride top down. So.....

For pickup, I looked like this...

But I left incognito, and pretty warm (at least with the heater blowing and the heated seats on. :D) My salesman and the girl who did the delivery/setup with me. Yes, I bought the hooded top, hat and a whole bag of other c7 and c3 items. :)

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
olealiz your photos look great! I'm impressed with the fist pic where your clothes match the car. :D I will have to keep that in mind for when we do delivery. Gotta think of something that I have that has something similar to Laguna Blue and Black. Hmmm...

And the new hat could come in useful when you're running top down!

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Awesome Tmarie! We will look for a separate thread with all your pics! :)

Not too 'girly' but I got new driving shoes today. They'll match my Laguna Blue StingRay when it comes. I found when testing the car, my chunky heel running shoes were uncomfortable, so hubby and I went looking for some driving shoes. The girl sizes didn't fit me right, but I got a small man's size. They were SUPER light, so they were a winner for me. 50% off on prior year closeout didn't hurt!

P1090740.JPG

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Puma makes a zillion colors, but at the store we went to in the outlet mall the choices were limited. There might have been a black and white in the guy's shoe section, but maybe it wasn't a style I liked. I tried on a white with teal girl sized one, but they're SO narrow it didn't fit right. Just look online. I'm sure they have what you're wanting. Try to order from a place that lets you ship back for free though, as the sizing is really off and it varies style to style.

Cheers!

·
Registered
52 Posts
olealiz your photos look great! I'm impressed with the fist pic where your clothes match the car. :D I will have to keep that in mind for when we do delivery. Gotta think of something that I have that has something similar to Laguna Blue and Black. Hmmm...

Coordination is the key! :D

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
stingray pendant straight cropped.jpg

I got this stingray pendant for my birthday. It is silver plated with rhodium and cost $399. (Hubby bought it, but I was standing there, so I know the price. LOL.)

It is a new 'they're trying it out' item. Maybe limited production. Maybe not at every store. And certainly not on the Website. :( They have the two pricey versions on the site, but not this one nor another really great manta ray one whose tail wraps around the cord.

I bought it at the big Hawaiian jewelry store that is in many malls, Na Hoku.

They TRIED to sell it on a black cord, but none of their cords would fit thru the hole in the back of the pendant, so I put it on this chain temporarily but might keep my eye out for something better. I really liked it in the store when they had the bigger sized one in the window on a black cord. The black ray + black cord were really great together.

The rocks on mine are white fancy sapphires and not diamonds, which keeps the price reasonable.

They do have some pricier ones with diamonds, but this was perfect for me!

--

And I love my driving shoes! Have any of you gotten some?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Found the Stingray pendant on the Na Hoku site but it lists for $929. You got a deal.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Found the Stingray pendant on the Na Hoku site but it lists for $929. You got a deal.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum
No, its a different one.

The one on the Website is the full boogie one with diamonds, and it is slightly smaller than mine in real life. (Because I could see all the variations at the actual store I was in.) They do look generally the same though, so it is confusing.

I guess you need to go to a store or call a store to see if they have my exact one.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Ladies, I just found your thread and it is great. Suzy I love your shoes and will look for them. I also saw a handbag similar to yours when I was at the Laguna Seca Historics last summer. I almost got it, but it was too heavy for me to carry with my bad back, but I really loved it.

For your Stingray pendant add 2 jump rings. Start with a smaller one for the loop on the stingray, then a larger one to fit the cord and it should work perfectly.

Janet

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Ladies, I just found your thread and it is great. Suzy I love your shoes and will look for them. I also saw a handbag similar to yours when I was at the Laguna Seca Historics last summer. I almost got it, but it was too heavy for me to carry with my bad back, but I really loved it.

For your Stingray pendant add 2 jump rings. Start with a smaller one for the loop on the stingray, then a larger one to fit the cord and it should work perfectly.

Janet
Thanks Janet.

I actually did order a black cord that should be small enough on the ends from Ebay. If it DOESN'T work though, your idea is a great one!

And I personally was at Laguna Seca, so maybe you saw me! LOL! Was it the blue bag?

The checkered one is much smaller and might work for you. I've used that one now too on multiple days and it is comfy. I will probably use it a lot for Vette events because the blue one is pretty large. It was great for all the junk I wanted to carry to the races though!

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was in the Disneyland area all this week and picked up this cute bag with the girl talking cars on it. :) They had the same t-shirt with the cars being a shinier red, but it was a very tight thin type. Not sure if you can buy them online, but if you are in Cars Land in CA Adventure Park, you can find them in Ramone's. image.jpg
The back says Cars Land.

Reactions: Janet C and jsvette

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hello ladies! I am finally approaching the day that I place an order for a Z51 coupe. Am curious, do any of you have the manual transmission? And if so, are you physically comfortable using it? I have sort of short legs and can have issues with needing to sit too close to the dash but I would really prefer a stick in my sports car. I have tried it while sitting in a stationary car and am finally doing a short actual test drive tonight, but a short drive is not much compared to spending a few hours in the car.

I am also hoping the seats are adjustable enough to be comfortable on long trips - I have the knee issue that I think Suzy wrote about in another thread. Was considering the competition seats but will probably pass on those just to save $$. Let me know if you have any advice about anything related to owning or driving the Stingray, thanks!!! :)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi Julie. All of my Corvettes except one have been Manual, but that is what I prefer. The majority of the other Corvettes that I see are Automatics and people seem to love them, they are just NOT for me. I am 5'5" tall, so I don't have real long legs and I manage just fine. I find the Sport seats very comfortable for long trips and like the adjustments. You do have to get the adjustment just right so that your knees do not hit the dash. I move it up close and then back it off just a bit.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts