Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
I don't get this article or people that worry about this...if the engineers tell me it'll do no damage to the wheel, tire or car, then I could care less....

·
Registered
993 Posts
Nice, the engineers chose performance over steering kinematics, way to go. Going to a narrower higher profile less sticky tire would also help reduce this distraction when racing for that last parking spot at Costco.

Reactions: dolfanlon

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just received delivery of my new Torch red, 3LT, Z51 Stingray. Am experiencing the same tire/wheel shuddering described by other new owners. I realize that the owners manual describes this as "normal", but I find this hard to believe. And, I owned a C5 and two C6's and never experienced anything like this with these cars.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
I understand that it will command your attention! I have asked this of other owners, but where is your noise coming from? Front or back?

·
Registered
5 Posts
It appears to be coming from the front. I brought the car back to the dealer, and, as might be expected with the service manager sitting next to me, the problem did not manifest itself. He told me that he has
experienced the problem on the other Stingray that they have received. I'm beginning to think that this problem is worst when the tires are cold, and gradually goes away as the tires warm up. One other note:
I have found the tires to be extremely noisy, and I'm thinking about changing them to a less aggressive all-weather brand. Any thoughts on this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts