Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed that when I do a full lock turn at super low speeds a weird ticking sound from what I believe is the outer front wheel.

Any ideas on what this?

PS. It's not the sound of the front wheels 'jumping' due to the wheel geometry.

·
18,666 Posts
Often it is a rock stuck in the tread of that tire. Or worse, for mine was a big screw in that one. Hope it is just a non-penetrating rock, or something similarly easy to fix.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Have you had the wheels off recently?

Either way, low wheel lug nut torque can cause a "clunking" noise.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It could be the wheel weight hitting the brake duct plastic flaps. Did it on my z06 when I put drop spindles on it. Had to trim it back
Look under car with wheel at full lock to see gap between weight and flap. That is if you have brake ducts

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Does the click seem to occur only once per wheel rotation, or is it more frequent? If once per rotation, then there's a good chance it's a physical contact of some sort, like Hockey suggested. If it's a more frequent noise, then I might worry it's something like a wheel bearing.

·
Registered
10,248 Posts

·
Registered
10,248 Posts
Thank you @rdslon01, sounds like its PI1498A time for a dealer visit once again I guess.
I would be willing to bet that you would get the surfaces cleaner as a DIY project than a dealer service technician will...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts