Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a lawyer in the house?? Back in 2017, I purchased a tire and wheel protection plan for my brand new 2016 Z51. I paid for the AutoGuard Vehicle Shield 1 plan that included a cosmetic wheel repair/replacement provision. I thought I was covered in the evenest something happened. After several years of driving, I unfortunately got a little too close to a curb, and scratched up on of the wheels. I submitted a claim, and wouldn't you know it, it was denied. The reason was because I had chrome wheels and the damage was cosmetic. I find the 'cosmetic' part interesting because I specifically paid extra for cosmetic damage that could result in a repair or replacement of the wheel. The thing that really frustrated me is the denial because I have chrome wheels. There is nothing in the contract that states chrome wheels were not covered, nor is there any additional coverage provision specifically for chrome wheels that I could have selected. I am going back and forth with their appeals process, and I will be filing a BBB compliant eventually if they don't take care of this situation.

On a semi-related note, Is there anyone out there (preferably in the Charlotte, NC area) who has a Chrome 20" Z51 wheel to sell, I would like to know how much you want for it I just need the one wheel, and the dealer price is insane.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts