Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations on an accurate tire pressure gauge? Currently have a few of those pencil type gauges but the readings are off by at least a few psi.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
258 Posts
If you are planning on tracking the car you might want to look at a tire temperature gauge (pyrometer) , preferably not infrared but probe style. I had a Longacre. Again, not cheap but very accurate.

·
Administrator
16,285 Posts
I have used the Accutire MS-5510B Racing Tire Gauge and found it to be quite accurate. Accutire.jpg

Reactions: Tom0021

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to all for pointing me in the right direction.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Wow, fancy looking! My pencil style matches the numbers the car spouts out.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
If you know your gauge if off by x number of pounds, just use that number when you check your test your pressure.
No matter how much you spend on a tire pressure gauge, you should check it against one that you know to be correct. Eg tire shop, friend that races his cars.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I've compared my handheld to the car's computer and they are spot on. I use both at the track...

·
Administrator
16,285 Posts
The tire pressure gauge is one of three essentials I never leave home with out. :rolleyes:

My mechanical Schrader gauge, my instant on Atlas, and my concise Owners Manual:

Owners Manual.jpg Tire Guage.jpg P1000575.JPG

Reactions: YllwStgr

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
That reminds me, one summer in the 1970s while in law school, I had a summer job driving a truck in northern NJ. There was one older driver there who knew nothing of the new interstate highways opening in the area, and always wanted to use the "old roads" on his route. As a joke, we gave him a 1959 road map as a "transitional learning guide" to becoming up to date on the new highways in the area.

·
Registered
810 Posts
JSVette giving away the average age of a Corvette owner, lol!:p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts