Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
18,670 Posts
They built that prototype to test customer reaction, and the fact that four months later, they still do not have a "for sale" version, says volumes about how poorly it was received.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
To each their own. There are a lot of things done to these car that shouldn't be done. But that what makes it interesting.

Reactions: regguy1 and jsvette

·
Registered
817 Posts
I saw a rendering with round rear taillights months back. It actually looked really nice. :hide: !

But, for the money, I'd leave well enough alone.

·
Administrator
16,306 Posts
According to their current web page information this is not intended for a street vehicle, specifically it states "Please note, you will no longer have your rear vents that come on the C7 from the factory. You will also no longer have your existing reverse lights, so we suggest this bumper for off road, show use. "

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Wow! What a turnaround. I love it! Does everyone remember how a number of people were complaining about the new rear tail light design on the C7 and how it appeared to look more like a Camaro and if it didn't have round tail lights it didn't look like a Corvette? One of the things I fell in love with on the new C7 was the bold design changes that took the car from the traditional appearance to something bold and fresh. Apparently I wasn't alone in that the C7 has had record sales and so will the Z06. Just goes to show what happens when the designers think outside the box. I'm so happy this new design has been so well received.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I am going to admit something I wouldn't have admitted a few months ago. I was the loudest opponent of the new tail lights when they first came out. Hated them!!! Maybe it was because it was the initial reaction, or maybe because i didn't think the wife would ever let me get one but either way i hated them!!!! Fast foreword to carlisle, when i was looking for wheels for my C6, and after 2 hrs of walking my wife had had enough and turns to me and said "if we leave now you can get a C7!!!". I don't think i need to tell you what we did... After researching and deciding what i wanted to order, i really got to liking the C7 tails. Mainly because of change!! Rounded(ish) tails would have looked great, but now that I'm getting one (hopefully nothing falls through) I feel the old lights wouldn't set the C7 apart from the C6 enough, as it should because it is much better, looks wise and technology wise. I WAS WRONG INITIALLY!!! lol

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
As we all know there has been a great deal of discussion about the tail light change over from previous gen. to the current car. It seems that most people have made their own peace with the C-7's back end, but if the renderings for the C-8 are even close it would appear that round tail lights are in the Corvette's future yet again. If that does come to pass, it begs the question: Will there be a transition rear fascia on the C-7 at the end of the run, or will GM just clean slate it as they did for the C-7? Moreover, will there be any objections to the return to round tail lights if that does happen? It will be interesting to watch what happens.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Putting round taillights on your C7 is like George Lucas going back and re-working the original Star Wars Trilogy... he ruined it!!!

·
Registered
817 Posts
According to their current web page information this is not intended for a street vehicle, specifically it states "Please note, you will no longer have your rear vents that come on the C7 from the factory. You will also no longer have your existing reverse lights, so we suggest this bumper for off road, show use. "
That makes this mod something between worthless and utterly worthless! Count me out.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
If I had wanted a C6 I would have bought a C6 and got it quicker and cheaper. I wanted the bold beautiful lines of the new C7. The back end is my favorite view and the one I see every time I open the garage door. :)

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
If I had wanted a C6 I would have bought a C6 and got it quicker and cheaper. I wanted the bold beautiful lines of the new C7. The back end is my favorite view and the one I see every time I open the garage door. :)
Gregg, so that's why you like passing people on the highway, so they also can get a good view of your favorite area of your C7 masterpiece!!!

SF
Rick

1 - 16 of 16 Posts