Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went with a friend to a local Chevy dealer to look at a new C7 convertible, Night Race Blue, gray interior, 2LT package, non-Z51, NPP, stick, and the base painted wheels. Has a 107 miles but is used, has been titled, they are asking $75,995.

Too much? They sell maybe 2-3 Vettes a year, a tad greedy?

·
Registered
10,418 Posts
That is definitely too much.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Went with a friend to a local Chevy dealer to look at a new C7 convertible, Night Race Blue, gray interior, 2LT package, non-Z51, NPP, stick, and the base painted wheels. Has a 107 miles but is used, has been titled, they are asking $75,995.

That's my set-up, and my price was $500 below MSRP (and MSRP is about $10k below your price) at a local dealer. So yes, if those are the only options, it's a tad high.

·
18,669 Posts
Greedy would be too kind of word to describe that dealer. About $11,500 worth of a rip off, and that doesn't count that it is not a brand new car. It lists, if you build it on Chevy's web site, for $64,930.

Suggest your friend call Tommy @ MacMulkin and he can get your friend that exact car, build to his specs (of course a little more if you friend add extra options), including delivery to Delmavra for approximately $65,000. Heck, Tommy has a similar car in inventory; have him call Tommy Thompson Jr. @ MacMulkin Chev (Nashua, NH)!!! He's at: (603) 475-9903; [email protected].

Just checked his inventory: New and Used Cars in New Hampshire - MacMulkin in Nashua

And even with your friend wants one now, instead of ordering, he could step up to a 3LT, still in a Night Race Blue 'vert, including the extra cost automatic trans, and shipping it to his home in FL, he would again save thousands. This is just one of MacMulkin's stock 19 convertibles in inventory right now.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts

sounds like what Southern California dealers are doing, they call it market adjustment, 10K above msrp ha ha ha I did not bend their way, I purchased from the east coast where they are more grounded.......

Reactions: MYKZDRM

·
Registered
810 Posts
My loaded Z51 convertible was about that much, new, sticker price. Chrome wheels too, which is a $2k option by itself.

·
Registered
132 Posts
More than I paid, out the door, and mine was new with z51

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Registered
810 Posts
Oh, and my price included the extra grand for NCM delivery.

·
Registered
489 Posts
That is ridiculously to much.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts