Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shipped my C7 to our house in Florida and took it to OSW tonight. Air is pretty cool for this time of year with track temps in the high-40's/low-50's. As usual, the car worked very well at the track.

First pass was about 10-minutes off the street with coolant temps still in the 220 range on the analog gauge. Second and third passes were in the 170-180 range after some extended cool off time due to track "clean up" and a few track incidents. Still flashing the convertor off the line and note that it ran back to back 11.61's both with 1.68 60's.
S.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Is your Crystal Red an automatic or manual? Awesome times!!

·
Administrator
16,489 Posts
Nice runs Snorman!:cool:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reactions: tommy&teresa

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Snorman, thanks for posting. What do you think you stock StingRay is capable of?
I think the A6 Z51 cars will end up getting slightly quicker. I'm 230#. Stick a 160# driver in the same car, same track same day and it'll pick up ~.1/1mph. So I think we'll see an A6 Z51 touch the 11.3's. I also think the non-Z51 cars will prove to be quicker still because they are ~70# lighter than a Z51 car. So a 1LT, A6, base car with an average sized driver at a well-prepped track in very good air should be pretty damn quick.
S.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I also want to point out...this was done at OSW during test and tune. I idled the car though the staging lanes. It wasn't as if the car was cool, then pulled right up to the line to make a pass. Had I been afforded that opportunity, it might have dropped another .1-.15.
S.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
S; I sure would like for you to be able make a run in a base car just to see the differences in time and feel. Possible?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
S; I sure would like for you to be able make a run in a base car just to see the differences in time and feel. Possible?
Yeah, that would be cool. I don't know anybody with one.
S.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Nice man! I can't to get mine to the track... it's snow/slush here right now. From where to you hail? See the Livernois tuned SHO, any times out of that? Just curious really. What about some of the other sig rides?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I shipped my C7 to our house in Florida and took it to OSW tonight. Air is pretty cool for this time of year with track temps in the high-40's/low-50's. As usual, the car worked very well at the track.

First pass was about 10-minutes off the street with coolant temps still in the 220 range on the analog gauge. Second and third passes were in the 170-180 range after some extended cool off time due to track "clean up" and a few track incidents. Still flashing the convertor off the line and note that it ran back to back 11.61's both with 1.68 60's.
S.
Hats off to you, quite the driver...

I think I may have asked you but what driving mode do you use when you run these times and what do you do as far as traction settings? Burn out?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Great times,I do think the car will always perform better at operating temp in cool air because as is there programming from the factory, That said there's always room for improvement. Ive been tempted to go over there and run mine a few times but I'm afraid it wont start in the lanes and that would not be good

·
Banned
631 Posts
Impressive....deep 11 seconds from the showroom! Excellent 60' times as well. Put Ranger or one of the guys really good with a manual (not myself...dont have the manual skills some I see) and I would like to see what they do.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Yeah, that would be cool. I don't know anybody with one.
S.
Snorman
Those are awesome eta's
What are your tire prep procedures in the burnout area and are they the stock run flats?
Which mode are you using and what is your launch rpm?
Inquiring minds need to know.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Snorman
Those are awesome eta's
What are your tire prep procedures in the burnout area and are they the stock run flats?
Which mode are you using and what is your launch rpm?
Inquiring minds need to know.
Second that... I ran a 1.72 60ft 11.68 at 120.7 last night at Milan but couldn't get a lower 60 ft for the life of me. Da was 1400 65 degrees but I def feel like I could have gotten better times had it been a little cooler. Mine left the best in touring I'm assuming because of the looser suspension. It got real cool towards the end of the night and da was 700 but I couldn't get it to hook for the life of me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts