Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
That 1990 Corvette ZR-1 was the car that caused me to fall in love with Corvette the first time! It was even the same color as the one shown in the link in your post above. The first one I saw was on I-65 heading south through Tennessee. We were going in the same direction to Huntsville. I stared at that thing for many, many glorious miles (I was still too young to drive, so all my attention was focused on it since I was a passenger in our car). I'll never forget that day.

Sure, I had seen many Corvettes before that, but that one was love at first sight.

Reactions: Redc7

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
The picture for the C2 is wrong.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ahhh, I love the early nineties ZR-1, when I had my 1996 SVT Cobra, I had one pop up on my rear, I held him off the first pass, the second time, I got SMOKED!
Still remember the tag, Z OUR 1 and the exhausts sparking after he got in front. I wanted to drive straight to the Chevy dealer!

And my favorite classic and "if I win the lottery" dream car is the '63

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ahhh, I love the early nineties ZR-1, when I had my 1996 SVT Cobra, I had one pop up on my rear, I held him off the first pass, the second time, I got SMOKED!
Still remember the tag, Z OUR 1 and the exhausts sparking after he got in front. I wanted to drive straight to the Chevy dealer!

And my favorite classic and "if I win the lottery" dream car is the '63
It's crazy to think that back then the ZR-1 with 400hp was the fastest production corvette. Now we have the new Stingray at 460 hp and the new Z06 coming out with 650hp.

·
Registered
68 Posts
The first one I ever road in. It was a 1956, black with red interior. I was 13 years old and it was 1961. My brother got it when he graduated High School. Too bad he didn't keep it. :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts