Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ordered my Torch Red/Adrenaline Red Z51 3LT with Z51 black wheels, a carbon flash stinger stripe and the carbon flash mirrors and spoiler. My Husband thinks the chrome wheels would look better...those of you who have viewed in person...what do you think? My logic was with the CF stinger stripe it screamed give me CF mirrors, spoiler and black Z51 wheels. He thinks it is TOO much black and the black will look dull and dirty.
Thanks for your input,

Rebecca

·
Registered
48 Posts
Black

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

Reactions: Lipstic

·
Registered
410 Posts
To each his own... to ask color advice is to invite discord. I LIKE all the wheels, saw the chrome std wheel on a crystal red - a little too 'glittery' for me, the standard painted wheel had a 'smooth' functional look (might switch to aftermarket 'gunmetal' wheel in the future). I like the carbon flash paint too (it is like a metallic black, if you haven't seen it before), but liked the subdued look of matching body color mirrors more... sort of like the exposed CF roof, just looked 'cleaner' to me in body color. I am absolutely sure that everyone of us has different opinions on these, and I think that's great. Variety is the spice of life. As the guy that introduced me to Corvette ownership in 1974 (he's since passed away) used to always say to me "That's why they make chocolate and vanilla!" I like all ice cream flavors, and like pretty much all Corvette colors and option combinations (and various YEARS of Corvettes too)... but I do have a favorite 'look' I was trying to get. We all have that 'look' we want... and all the cars I've seen on this page look terrific. And the ideas for mods here are fantastic. Would it be so much fun if we all drove black Corvettes (maybe if Henry Ford was building them?). Hope you all agree... just had to get it out.

Reactions: Lipstic

·
Registered
187 Posts
once you go black, you never go chrome. chrome looks good on the blue one (i have to say that because my blue has chrome wheels) and probably the green and cyber grey. but red looks SICK AS EFF with black wheels. that's just my opinion. with all those options, chrome would look out of place. BLACK. black.

black.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
once you go black, you never go chrome. chrome looks good on the blue one (i have to say that because my blue has chrome wheels) and probably the green and cyber grey. but red looks SICK AS EFF with black wheels. that's just my opinion. with all those options, chrome would look out of place. BLACK. black.

black.[/

Exactly my thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
579 Posts
What do you want?? Should be the question.
I got a Triple Black on order so.....

·
Registered
220 Posts
Black is absolutely beautiful!
Would not have it any other way.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have chrome wheels on my C5 and received my C7 over a month ago. Torch red, black interior, black wheels with red calipers. I just tinted windows and it looks AMAZING. But theres no right or wrong answer with this, personal preference.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Thank you all for confirming. While it is my car, my sweet husband is paying for it, so I try to give him some input, but IMHO with the stinger stripe it screams black rims.

·
Registered
192 Posts
This is like asking someone to name your kids for you -- anyway, to me it's more of a case of what you are trying to do. Personally, I prefer the offset of the chrome wheels. Especially the Z51 10-spoke look. Rather retro/classic look. The black wheels are more contemporary. Like you'd see on a teenager's Toyota drifter. I've been seeing more and more cars and trucks done all over in matte finishes these days - that's what the black wheels harken up to me. Sort of a non-descriptor but modern nonetheless. Either way you can't go wrong. The Stingray is a grand slam all the way around.

As Scottsdaledave said there is no wrong answer. Whatever you finally decide, you are going to love it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had an 2008 with chrome wheels, Hit a hole in the road at 90mph and bent a front rim. So I decided to swap all of them for the black. The first time I saw the car after all I could think of was words like mean, racing, fast. It changed the look so much. I agree with Airdale the chrome adds the classic where I think the black puts the Kick A**.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Rebecca ; One thing you need to know about the black wheels if you decide on them; You need to be very careful how they are cleaned. Being painted they show swirls and fine scratches pretty easily. Making sure to use some sort of wet cleaner and not cleaning them with a dry towel or rag will help, but I think long term they lose their luster and will require some other remedial work. Just my .02 worth...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi Rebecca, you're way ahead of me, I still haven't been able to even decide on a what color to get! But I'm with you 100% Black Rims all the way. Every color I've put together on the "build your own" site I've gone with black rims. I'll most likely blackout the chrome Stingray on the sides and the Corvette letters on the back. So far I've only seen one Stingray, the Night Race Blue, so I got to do a walk around and the C7 looks even better in person! Can't wait to sit in one and then go for a test drive! Good luck, you're one lucky lady. Congrats.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Chip,
That is probably why my Husband wants the chrome wheels...while I do help him detail the cars he is the the detail person ...will not let me hardly help when detailing the C3 before a show...plus I think he likes the "classic" look while I like the "sporty" look.
Thanks for your input.
Regards,
Rebecca

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
See Redc7 with the Black I will not have to do that as often. :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm voting twice.

Black

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hi Rebecca! First of all, let me say that I have a Torch Red with black wheels, red brake calipers, and I get A LOT of compliments on it. I was never a "car person" until now and so I have been surprised at all of the comments on the wheels (from both girls and guys). Second of all, I know where Theodore is: I lived in Mobile for about 10 yrs. I live in Mississippi now. Out of curiosity, are you ordering from a dealer in Mobile? I had to go out of state to get mine, but it turned out to be a great experience---I made a life-long friend with Rick Conti (Columbus, Ohio). Anyway, congratulations on your upcoming purchase. I love mine!
P1000059.jpg

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
No I did not order locally. They did not have allocation. I ordered from Kerbeck in NJ, the day after I sent the deposit, two of the local dealers called and had just received their allocations. Terry Thompson in Daphne had a few early on but they went fast and this was before I was ready to purchase. I am pleased I ordered out of state from one of the "big guys" as from what I read it will be faster and easier for them to push it through faster. I was at 3000 8 days after my deposit, I did drop FAY and Exposed CF roof. Both of which I can add later.
Love your C7 and the black wheels!!!! i know i will love my torch red C7 with black wheels!!!
Where in Mississippi?
BTW.... Love the name...War Eagle!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts