Stingray Corvette Forum banner
41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Lipstic, so what did you decide on the wheels?
I love the black wheels with the black stinger stripe and the carbon flash mirrors and spoiler. Hubby is pissed as he wants the chrome and no carbon flash mirrors or spoiler. He will get over it. It's my car and my decision. Sigh

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
181 Posts
Rebecca (aka "Lipstic"),
I live in Meridian. But I'm originally from Monroeville. And obviously, I'm an Auburn grad. Was at the game today...whew! I nearly had a heart attack! Pretty good day: got to drive to Auburn in my new car and Auburn won the game. Happy Girl! :)

·
Registered
680 Posts
Hubby is pissed as he wants the chrome and no carbon flash mirrors or spoiler. He will get over it. It's my car and my decision. Sigh
What is hubby driving? I don't think you could go wrong with either! WarEagle92 has the black wheels on her red C7... looks AWESOME! I bet when he sees it in person, he'll change his mind... they look FABULOUS and the reason I changed my standards to gloss black. You go girl!

·
Registered
680 Posts
Just saw this post, "unofficial Crystal Red picture thread by jlatigo" The chrome wheels here look great, too. Truly, I personally don't think you could go wrong with either. If you're doing the black stripe and carbon flash, black wheels would rock that car!

Reactions: Lipstic

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
He drives a Black w/ lots of chrome Ford 650 or his company truck Ford 250...and he has the cameo 2000 Toyota Tacoma Hunting Truck....I have a restored 1975 C3...torch red with camel interior with lots of chrome (which he loves and I think is why he wants this) not sure...but as I told him last night this is MY car and MY decision....I was really nice about it but did inform him I did not give any input on the hunting truck when he was customizing it or the 650...his trucks...his decision...My car My decision...;)

·
Registered
993 Posts
He drives a Black w/ lots of chrome Ford 650 or his company truck Ford 250...and he has the cameo 2000 Toyota Tacoma Hunting Truck....I have a restored 1975 C3...torch red with camel interior with lots of chrome (which he loves and I think is why he wants this) not sure...but as I told him last night this is MY car and MY decision....I was really nice about it but did inform him I did not give any input on the hunting truck when he was customizing it or the 650...his trucks...his decision...My car My decision...;)
I'm sure he'll love it once it comes home.

·
Administrator
16,944 Posts
At the risk of being labelled a curmudgeon I would like to suggest returning this thread to the original focus and perhaps sharing some of the other content as PMs. Thanks. :cool:

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
I changed my order the weekend before I thought the order went in and if it is not updated I may end up with base wheels and without CF flash mirrors and spoiler. IF that happens I think I will do the black chrome. Dave said the change should go through but it is still listed without on his update page so we will see. If the change goes through then I will have the black wheels already. SO we will see...at this point I just want my car yesterday, LOL. Still at 3000. Will see what happens this week.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 · (Edited)
Yes! We could start our own Corvette event! We could call it "The 1st annual Sexy Southern C Sevens". Wonder how many guys would attend?! LOL!!!
Hey Wareagle there is a corvette show in Gulfport this coming weekend. See my thread bring your C7. Bring your baby and show her off!

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
At the risk of being labelled a curmudgeon I would like to suggest returning this thread to the original focus and perhaps sharing some of the other content as PMs. Thanks. :cool:
Yes sir!
If anyone has any other great ideas for rims...please share. I really love the black chromed ones posted on this thread and I think the powder coat of spokes leaving the chrome perimeter would look awesome!

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Just received email from Dave at Kerbeck...my car will go to 2000 status today from 3000 to add the black wheels and CF mirror and spoilers then should go up to 3300 after that. Since I am getting the black wheels what do you think of powder coating the perimeter torch red and leaving the spokes black?

·
Administrator
16,944 Posts
Just received email from Dave at Kerbeck...my car will go to 2000 status today from 3000 to add the black wheels and CF mirror and spoilers then should go up to 3300 after that. Since I am getting the black wheels what do you think of powder coating the perimeter torch red and leaving the spokes black?
Should look pretty smokin' :D I am still working on getting a pin stripper to add a Torch Red pin stripe on RedHot's rims to tie everything visually together. :cool:

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Should look pretty smokin' :D I am still working on getting a pin stripper to add a Torch Red pin stripe on RedHot's rims to tie everything visually together. :cool:
That will look awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Administrator
16,944 Posts
Very nice Lipstic! :cool:

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Ok back up to 3000 (she was dropped to 2000 Monday to change wheels to black and add CF mirrors and spoiler) so cross your fingers and your toes she will be up to 3300 by end of the week!

·
Registered
993 Posts
Ok back up to 3000 (she was dropped to 2000 Monday to change wheels to black and add CF mirrors and spoiler) so cross your fingers and your toes she will be up to 3300 by end of the week!
Hey. You can't get ahead of me in line. I need to jump up from 3000 first…. LOL :rolleyes:

41 - 60 of 75 Posts